Taft Ranks as Leader in Nine Practice Areas, by Chambers USA 2010, and 32 Attorneys Named as "Leaders in their Field"
March 30, 2010 // Franchising.com // CINCINNATI, OHIO – The 2010 edition of Chambers USA ranked Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP as a leading law firm in nine practice areas, and named 32 Taft attorneys as "Leaders in their Field." Chambers & Partners determines the top U.S. lawyers through extensive research over the course of a year. The prestigious Chambers USA Guide: America's Leading Lawyers for Business covers all the major practice areas at the national level, as well as key specialties within each state.
Taft was recognized as a leading firm in nine practice areas: Corporate/M&A; Labor & Employment; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation; Intellectual Property; Banking & Finance; Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Litigation:General Commercial; Real Estate; and Natural Resources & Environment.
Taft attorneys were named "Leaders in their Field" in the following practices:
- Kim K. Burke: Natural Resources & Environment
- Doreen Canton: Labor & Employment
- Edward D. Diller: Real Estate
- G. Jack Donson: Litigation: Antitrust
- Bruce E. Gaynor: Real Estate
- Gerald S. Greenberg: Corporate/M&A
- Stephen M. Griffith Jr.: Real Estate
- Timothy E. Hoberg: Corporate/M&A
- Timothy J. Hurley: Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Michael A. Laing: Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- W. Timothy Miller: Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- John M. Mueller: Intellectual Property
- Stephen M. O'Bryan: Litigation: General Commercial
- William M. Phillips: Real Estate
- Timothy P. Reilly: Labor & Employment
- Gregory Parker Rogers: Labor & Employment
- Richard A. Rosner: Real Estate
- Jeffrey S. Schloemer: Banking & Finance
- Mark J. Stepaniak: Labor & Employment
- Thomas T. Terp: Natural Resources & Environment
- David H. Wallace: Construction and Litigation: General Commercial
- Jackie M. Bennett: Litigation: General Commercial
- Ralph A. Caruso II: Corporate/M&A
- Donald K. Densborn: Corporate/M&A
- Edward W. Harris III: Litigation: General Commercial
- Robert J. Hicks: Corporate/M&A
- Linda L. Pence: Litigation: General Commercial
- Jonathan G. Polak: Litigation: General Commercial
- Erick D. Ponader: Real Estate
- Steven C. Shockley: Litigation: General Commercial
- James A. Strain: Corporate/M&A
- Michael C. Terrell: Labor & Employment and Litigation: General Commercial
Chambers & Partners, based in London, began as general book publishers in 1969. In 1990, Chambers published the Chambers Directory of the UK's leading law firms; the company then began specializing in legal publishing. Chambers' staff of 100 full-time researchers now prepares several renowned directories worldwide, which rank leading lawyers based upon their reputation among peers and clients. The Chambers Guides list the top lawyers in 175 countries, providing independent rankings and editorial commentary. Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business published its first edition in 2003.
At Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP, delivering outstanding legal performance to help clients succeed is what drives and motivates its more than 300 attorneys and legal professionals every day. Taft has offices in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus and Dayton, Ohio; Indianapolis, Indiana; Northern Kentucky; Phoenix, Arizona; and Beijing, China. The firm practices across a wide range of industries, in virtually every area of law, including: Business and Finance, Litigation, Labor and Employment, Intellectual Property, Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors' Rights, Environmental, Health and Life Sciences; Personal Services; Real Estate and Tax law. With a demonstrated record of excellence since 1885, Taft offers an unsurpassed breadth of legal and business expertise, coupled with an unwavering commitment to client service.