Celebrity Chef and Paciugo Gelato & Caffè Co-Founder Create Four New Flavors
Creative Culinary Combo Cristiana Ginatta and Bob Blumer Collaborate to Develop New Flavors
May 05, 2010 // Franchising.com // DALLAS – Paciugo Gelato & Caffè, a family owned and operated company specializing in authentic Italian gelato, today announced it will unveil four indulgent flavor combinations that will broaden the palates for its new and loyal gelato customers.
Bob Blumer, celebrity chef and host of the hit show Glutton for Punishment, which airs on the Food Network, called on Cristiana Ginatta, co-founder of Paciugo Gelato & Caffè, to help develop a collection of flavors for the popular 2009 Austin Ice Cream Festival. Their collaboration resulted in four unique flavors, including the Ice Cream Festival's Best in Class award winner, Maple Bacon Crunch. The wacky culinary combinations and successful teamwork with Blumer inspired Ginatta to roll out the flavors as gelato in all Paciugo locations.
"It was fun to work with Bob in the kitchen and see his creative genius come alive," said Cristiana. "Our work together inspired me to go back to our kitchen to put my own twist on the distinct flavors as gelato. The taste was incredible."
Starting April 30, 2010, one new flavor will be introduced each Friday over a four week period, with the award-winning Organic Maple Caramelized Bacon presented during the last week of the promotion.
The flavors include:
- Chocolate Chipotle Butter Pecan – offers a deliciously smooth and intense flavor that is smoky, creamy and crunchy, buttery and spicy. Made with extra brute chocolate from Belgium, a smoke-dried jalapeño pepper combines with a light spread of pecans that are buttered and toasted until crisp to perfect the flavor concoction.
- Roasted Banana Cashew Heath Crunch – an Italian twist on an ice cream classic! The ripe bananas are first roasted with brown sugar to create a silky smooth texture and intense flavor as it blends with gelato to create the right degree of extravagant sweetness. Buttery cashew pieces are lightly toasted to add a salty taste while chewy chunks of Heath bar create a combination guaranteed to make you want more.
- Durian – known in Southeast Asia as the "King of Fruits," Durian pulp has the consistency of an avocado which creates gelato with a buttery, custard like texture. With a beautiful, golden yellow color and an equally unique smell, it's no wonder toasted coconut was chosen as a complement to Durian Gelato. The crunchiness of the toasted coconut and the sweet aroma contrast pleasantly with the silky texture.
- Organic Maple Caramelized Bacon – an interpretation of the Maple Bacon Crunch ice cream that took home the "Best in Class" award, chosen for its bold flavor and dark color. The maple syrup creates a heightened natural contrast of sweet and salty, smooth and crunchy when paired with caramelized bacon. Overall, a delicious treat.
The flavors will be introduced in the order shown above.
Paciugo Gelato & Caffè freshly handcrafts more than 30 flavors each morning in small batches, using wholesome ingredients such as whole pasteurized milk, cane sugar, hand-squeezed fruit juices and seasonal fruit from local farmers, chocolate from Belgium and Italian hazelnuts, pistachios and candied amarene cherries.
In addition to gelato, the brand's menu features all-natural, fair trade, 100% Arabica coffees and espresso-based drinks, as well as gelato-based specialty drinks and desserts, and premium hot chocolate.
About Paciugo Gelato & Caffè
Paciugo Gelato & Caffè was founded in 2000 by Ugo, Cristiana and Vincenzo Ginatta. Inspired to bring their passion for authentic Italian gelato to customers outside of Europe, the family moved to Dallas, Texas, to start the gelateria business. Paciugo Gelato & Caffè offers more than 30 flavors of gelato, handcrafted with love every morning at each neighborhood location. Cristiana has developed more than 300 recipes, including flavors ranging from Mediterranean Sea Salt Caramel, Blackberry Cabernet, Tiramisù, and Fondente Extra Dark Chocolate to more unusual flavors like Banana Beet and Black Pepper Olive Oil. The menu also includes all-natural, Fair Trade, 100% Arabica coffee and espresso-based drinks, as well as Gelato-based specialty desserts. Paciugo Gelato & Caffè has 41 locations across the United States and Mexico.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business