Just in Time for Father's Day, Ace Hardware is Now Home to Craftsman(R) Tools
Innovative, Trusted Tool Brand Now Available at the Helpful Place
OAK BROOK, Ill. // PRNewswire // -- With Father's Day just around the corner, there's another great reason to shop Ace Hardware stores across the country. For the first time, Ace Hardware stores are now offering some of the top tools from Craftsman. This selection of hand and power tools makes ideal gifts for the DIY Dad on your gift list.
"We're excited to bring Craftsman to the shelves of Ace Hardware stores," said home expert and Ace store owner Lou Manfredini. "Our tools have been Father's Day favorites for decades, and now Ace Hardware customers have the opportunity to give their dads an innovative gift that will provide years of value."
Top Father's Day gift offerings from Craftsman now available at Ace Hardware include:
- Craftsman NEXTEC 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer: This convenient lithium-ion tool drives nails flush to the surface with the pull of trigger, perfect for tight corners and any location where space is at a premium or swinging a hammer is not an option. The Auto Hammer features a powerful motor, made with a high speed/high torque design that delivers 3,600 impacts per minute and drives nails up to 3.5 inches in length. The Auto Hammer is powered by a 12-volt lithium-ion battery that recharges in 30 minutes and retails for $99.99.
- Craftsman Dog Bone(TM) 8-in-1 Wrench: The Dog Bone 8-in-1 wrench features a swivel head on each end that allows for easy access and flexible angles to tackle the toughest jobs. Each side of the Dog Bone fits four popular nut sizes. It is equipped with a strong magnet that can hold up to 8 pounds, making this tool ideal for changing drain plugs. The magnet can also hold nuts flush against the wrench while making adjustments on the job, is available in inch or metric and retails for $19.99.
- Craftsman 12-Volt NEXTEC Multi-Tool: This ultra compact tool can sand, cut, grind, grate, remove grout and much more. It's perfect for the do-it-yourselfer and home project enthusiast. At less than two pounds, the Multi-Tool packs a lot of power with a long-lasting 12-volt lithium-ion battery, innovative high speed oscillation technology and six various attachments to get the job done right, including a sanding base plate, straight edge cutting blade, circular cutting blade, circular grout disc, triangular grout disc and scraping blade. For use on surfaces such as drywall, wood, metal, plastic tile, masonry and porous concrete, the tool's lightweight frame, ergonomic design and multiple blade positions also make it great for use in tight spaces. It retails for $99.99.
- Craftsman 104-piece Mechanics Tool Set: Craftsman mechanics tool sets come with a variety of socket sizes, wrenches, ratchets, screwdrivers and more, making it easy to find the appropriate tool and to match your project. Ideally suited for those with a passion for home auto care, Craftsman hand tools are guaranteed with a lifetime warranty. This set retails for $49.99.
- Craftsman Universal Wrench seven-Piece Sets: The Universal Wrench features a reinforced open end that reduces tip spread under heavy load to prevent rounded fasteners. Flip it around for a closed end side that features an angled head and universal tooth design that grips six different types of nuts and bolts, including six-point, 12-point, partially rounded, external TORX, square and spline. The angled head allows clearance for knuckles and provides better leverage on tight fasteners. The set comes with a reusable caddy, is available in inch or metric and retails for $19.99.
- Craftsman 19.2-Volt C3 Drill/Driver: Craftsman's C3 platform offers the versatility to take on dozens of projects with one interchangeable 19.2-volt DieHard battery that powers more than 25 tools. The 3/8" Drill/Driver combines power, speed and versatility. Featuring a variable speed motor, this drill can work at low or high speed and features an ergonomic handle with comfort grip, so you can work longer with less effort. It retails for $59.99.
More Craftsman tools will be available at Ace Hardware stores later this summer.
About Ace Hardware
For more than 85 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the helpful hardware store by both customers and communities. With approximately 4,500 locally owned and operated hardware, home center and building materials stores, Ace is the largest hardware cooperative in the industry. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace currently operates 14 distribution centers in the U.S. and one in Shanghai, China, and its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states and more than 60 countries.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR? Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation.
SOURCE Craftsman; Ace Hardware