Faegre & Benson Practices Ranked Nationwide by Chambers, Among Best in Minnesota and Colorado
June 14, 2010 // Franchising.com // Minneapolis - Three Faegre & Benson LLP practices—product liability, Indian tribes, and franchise and distribution—have received nationwide rankings in the 2010 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
The firm's product liability practice is new to the Products Liability & Mass Torts: Nationwide listing this year. Chambers highlights the practice's "strength in pharmaceutical and agricultural matters" and its role as national counsel for Novartis in hormone therapy multidistrict litigation proceedings in the Eastern District of Arkansas.
Moving to band 1 this year, the Indian tribes practice has recently represented a number of syndicated bank lenders in the restructuring of distressed loans to Indian tribes. "Clients are attracted by the group's deep understanding of tribal finance and strong lines of communication with federal agencies," according to Chambers.
After making a jump to band 2 in this last year's listing, the firm's franchise practice is included among the nation's elite providers of legal services to franchisors in a range of industries. Representing more than 200 franchisors across the globe, lawyers in the practice "approach matters with an expert level of legal knowledge, but perhaps more importantly, with business objectives and company history in mind," a client told Chambers.
Practices in Minnesota and Colorado were also recognized as among the best in their respective states. In Minnesota, the firm was top ranked in Construction; Corporate/M&A; Litigation: General Commercial; and Real Estate. Colorado practices to receive top rankings were Corporate/M&A; Intellectual Property; Natural Resources & Environment; and Real Estate: Construction.
Based on strong recommendations from the market, a total of 49 Faegre & Benson lawyers were listed in the guide.
- J. David Arkell, Real Estate: Construction
- Jeffrey A. Brimer, Franchising (Nationwide)
- Charles D. Calvin, Real Estate: Hotels & Leisure
- James H. Carroll, Corporate/M&A
- Diane B. Davies, Real Estate
- Leslie A. Fields, Real Estate
- Natalie Hanlon-Leh, Intellectual Property
- Lynn M. Kornfeld, Natural Resources & Environment
- Elizabeth A. MacDonald, Labor & Employment
- Michael S. McCarthy, Litigation: General Commercial
- Linda L. Rockwood, Natural Resources & Environment
- James R. Spaanstra, Natural Resources & Environment
- Douglas R. Wright, Corporate/M&A
- Kim J Walker, Litigation: General Commercial
- Scott A. Anderegg, Real Estate
- Kerry L. Bundy, Franchising (Nationwide)
- Angela M. Christy, Real Estate
- Delmar R. Ehrich, Litigation: General Commercial
- Bruce M. Engler, Corporate/M&A
- Charles S. Ferrell, Real Estate
- Philip S. Garon, Corporate/M&A
- David J.F. Gross, Litigation: Intellectual Property
- Peter C. Halls, Construction
- Aaron J. Harkins, Native American Law (Nationwide)
- John H. Herman, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- Andrew G. Humphrey, Corporate/M&A
- William R. Joyce, Construction
- Randall E. Kahnke, Litigation: General Commercial
- Steven C. Kennedy, Corporate/M&A
- William L. Killion, Franchising (Nationwide)
- Charles F. Knapp, Labor & Employment
- Kenneth A. Liebman, Litigation: Intellectual Property
- Thomas M. Mayerle, Real Estate
- Kathlyn E. Noecker, Labor & Employment
- Patrick J. O'Connor, Construction
- James O'Neal, Litigation: General Commercial
- Brian B. O'Neill, Litigation: General Commercial
- Joseph M. Price, Products Liability & Mass Torts (Nationwide)
- Kent E. Richey, Native American Law (Nationwide)
- Brian B. Schnell, Franchising (Nationwide)
- Robert L. Schnell, Jr, Litigation: General Commercial
- Amy C. Seidel, Corporate/M&A
- Jerry W. Snider, Litigation: General Commercial
- Michael A. Stanchfield, Corporate/M&A
- Aaron D. Van Oort , Litigation: Appellate
- James L. Volling, Litigation: General Commercial
- Charles F. Webber, Litigation: General Commercial
- John R. Wheaton, Real Estate
- Wendy J. Wildung, Litigation: General Commercial
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business is an annual guide ranking attorneys and law firms based on in-depth research and interviews with clients, attorneys and corporate counsel. Chambers and Partners, publishers of Chambers USA, has developed a reputation for careful, extensive research in Europe, where it has published analyses of the legal marketplace since 1990.