American Leak Detection Franchise Promotes Pool Safety This Summer
Leak Detection Specialist Offers Maintenance and Safety Tips
PALM SPRINGS, CA - (Marketwire) - American Leak Detection reminds local families that installing drain covers, fences, gates, and other safety devices in and around pools can help prevent pool accidents this summer.
"Parents and caregivers who take an active role in identifying and protecting against pool hazards are helping to ensure a happy, safe summer of fun for swimmers of all ages," says Stan Berenbaum, president of American Leak Detection.
According to the Home Safety Council®, drowning is one of the leading causes of unintentional injury-related deaths across all age groups. But, fewer than 10 percent of the pool owners they polled have installed a fence around all sides of their pools or installed self-closing gates with an automatic lock -- two of the Council's key recommended water safety precautions.
In addition to limiting access to the pool, Berenbaum cautions that pool owners can help prevent entanglement and entrapment incidents and other serious pool accidents by following these safety tips:
Keep safety covered:
- Replace old, flat drain covers with an anti-vortex covers to minimize the risk of entrapment in the suction outlets.
- Never use a pool or spa with a missing drain cover.
Pump up the fun safely:
- Clearly mark the location of the electrical cut-off switch for the pool or spa pump.
- Install a Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS) to automatically shut off a pump if a blockage is detected.
- If someone is trapped against a drain, turn off the pump immediately. Gently work a hand between the drain and the victim to break the seal.
Supervision is key:
- No one is "drown proof," but constant adult supervision for young swimmers is especially important.
- If a child is missing, check the pool first. Seconds count in preventing drowning deaths.
- Establish pool safety rules and enforce them.
- Keep a phone handy at the pool in case of emergency.
- Post emergency numbers and CPR instructions near the pool.
- Learn CPR and basic life-saving skills.
- Keep rescue equipment within easy reach at poolside.
"With proper pool maintenance and a proactive approach to pool safety, families can look forward to creating a summer full of happy memories at their pool, spas, ponds, and beaches," said Berenbaum,
About American Leak Detection
Founded in 1974 and headquartered in Palm Springs, California, American Leak Detection is dedicated to resource protection and eco-friendly services. American Leak Detection is the world leader in the accurate, non-destructive detection of all types of leaks including hidden water and sewer leaks. From swimming pool cracks to concealed plumbing systems, the smallest leak is located with the most advanced, sophisticated electronic devices -- without bashing holes in walls or digging up the deck or yard. For the last eight years, American Leak Detection has been ranked #1 in Entrepreneur® magazine's "Maintenance Products and Services" franchise sector. In February 2008, The Wall Street Journal included American Leak Detection on its list of the 25 top high-performing franchises.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances