T.G.I. Friday's(R) Restaurants Franchise Introduce Caribbean-Inspired Summer Menu
Friday'sÂ® Restaurants 14 New Dishes Starting at $8.99 Include Selections Glazed with Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum Sauce
CARROLLTON, Texas // PRNewswire // -- T.G.I. Friday's restaurants today introduced its new Caribbean-inspired Summer menu featuring fourteen new appetizer, salad, sandwich, entree and combo dishes starting at $8.99 including selections that are glazed with Friday's new Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce for a limited time at participating restaurants in the U.S. "T.G.I. Friday's new Caribbean-inspired Summer menu will send your taste buds on a tropical vacation every day all summer long," said John Neitzel, president and chief operating officer of T.G.I. Friday's USA. "These incredible new selections are packed with island flavors and exotic spices that you'll only find at T.G.I. Friday's. So, head to your local T.G.I. Friday's, where it's always a party. It's just another reason to celebrate and it's your ticket to paradise this summer." T.G.I. Friday's restaurants new Caribbean-inspired Summer menu includes: Captain Morganâ„¢ Island Appetizer
- GRILLED Caribbean Wings â€“ Caribbean-seasoned chicken wings glazed with delicious Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce and fire-grilled to perfection.
Seaside Salads and Sandwiches
- Tropical Splash Salad â€“ A refreshing salad with choice of Ginger-lime marinated chicken, sirloin flap steak basted with Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce, or Ginger-lime marinated shrimp served on a bed of mixed greens tossed with fresh pineapple, mango, cucumber, red pepper, avocado, cilantro and crisp wontons, tossed with tangy fruit vinaigrette.
- Captain Morganâ„¢ Caribbean Conga-Line Chicken Sandwich â€“ A Caribbean seasoned chicken breast fire-grilled and basted with Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce served on a bun loaded with flavor â€“ seasoned sour cream, pineapple pico, fresh cilantro and avocado, served with sweet potato fries and extra sauce for dipping.
Captain Morganâ„¢ Beach Side Entrees
- Caribbean Rockin' Reggae Ribs â€“ Mouthwatering, well-seasoned baby back ribs cooked fall-off-the-bone tender and glazed with jerk-inspired Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce, served with crispy sweet potato fries, coleslaw, and garnished with pineapple pico.
- Caribbean Steak â€“ A juicy 7 oz. Black Angus sirloin flap steak, char-grilled to order, then glazed with Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce, served with coconut jasmine rice, a fresh vegetable medley and a fresh garnish of pineapple pico.
- Caribbean Chicken â€“ Two fire-grilled Caribbean-seasoned chicken breasts smothered in Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce, served with coconut jasmine rice, a fresh vegetable medley, and a fresh garnish of pineapple pico.
Captain Morganâ„¢ Caribbean Combos
- Caribbean Rockin' Reggae Ribs Combo â€“ Half a rack of well-seasoned baby back ribs with a choice of a Caribbean chicken breast or a skewer of jumbo butterflied shrimp, all fire-grilled and smothered in Caribbean inspired Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce.
- Caribbean Salmon & Jerked Jumbo Shrimp Combo â€“ A jerk-inspired 7 oz. salmon fillet and a skewer of shell-on jumbo shrimp fire-grilled and glazed with rich Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce.
- Caribbean Chicken & Jerked Jumbo Shrimp Combo â€“ A skewer of jumbo shrimp fire-grilled, shell-on, and glazed with jerk-inspired Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce along with a Caribbean seasoned chicken breast.
- Caribbean Sirloin & Jerked Jumbo Shrimp Combo â€“ A well-seasoned 10 oz. Black Angus sirloin grilled to-order and glazed in our bold jerk-inspired Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum sauce along with a skewer of Caribbean shell-on jumbo shrimp.
Sunset Sweet Stuff
- Island Breeze Sundae â€“ Vanilla ice cream and sweetened wonton crisps served with pineapple, mango and strawberries, then drizzled with caramel sauce and topped with whipped cream. Can be ordered for one or served on a sizzling platter for the table.
Earlier this month, T.G.I. Friday's provided a sneak peek of the islands when it introduced eight Caribbean Cocktails, all of which remain available at participating restaurants in the U.S. for a limited time: Coco'Mon n'Lime â€“ Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Run and Malibu Rum, fresh lime juice and CokeÂ® Tropical Fruit Coladas (available in Passion Fruit, Strawberry or Peach flavors) â€“ Refreshing frozen cocktails made with fruit puree, pina colada mix, Malibu Rum and fresh pineapple Captain Morgan Island Rum Punch â€“ A blend of Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum, Myers's Dark Rum, Disaronno Amaretto, passion fruit puree and pineapple juice Tropical Mai Tai â€“ A mix of Captain Morganâ„¢ Original Spiced Rum, pineapple and peach nectar. Fresh Mango Lemonade â€“ ABSOLUTÂ® vodka mixed with Malibu Rum, fresh lemon juice and fresh agave sour mix, shaken tableside poured over fresh mango puree Ultimate Mango Berry Daiquiri â€“ A frozen blend of BacardiÂ® Superior Rum, peach schnapps, mango and strawberry purees and house made fresh sour mix with fresh squeezed lime Members of Give Me More StripesÂ®, T.G.I. Friday's guest recognition program, are treated to free stuff and special perks year round. There are immediate benefits for members of the program and there is no fee to join. Upon sign-up (online, interactive jukebox or by texting JOIN to MYTGIF), guests receive a Jump the Line Pass, a certificate for a free appetizer or dessert, and begin earning one "stripe" for every dollar spent on all purchases with food. For every $100 spent, members receive an $8 coupon for free food. In addition to immediate and ongoing perks, members routinely receive members-only coupons and advance notice of new menu items and a variety of other valuable offers and special events. T.G.I. Friday's news can be followed on Facebook, Twitter @TGIFriday'sNews, YouTube and on Friday's Media Room. With more than 900 restaurants in 61 countries, including approximately 600 restaurants in the U.S., T.G.I. Friday's offers great food, innovative drinks and a unique experience filled with flair and a Thank God It's Friday'sâ„¢ attitude. Friday's authentic, engaging atmosphere makes it the perfect place to escape, socialize and connect with people while getting a rejuvenating second wind. Members of Give Me More StripesÂ®, Friday's guest recognition program, receive free stuff and special perks year-round. As the original casual dining restaurant, T.G.I. Friday's has a rich food and beverage heritage which includes being credited with popularizing Happy Hour, Long Island Iced Teas and Loaded Potato Skins. T.G.I. Friday's is also famous for its flair bartenders, approximately 7,000 of whom compete annually for the title of T.G.I. Friday's World Bartender Champion. Carlson Restaurants Worldwide Inc., the parent company of TGI Friday's Inc., is a privately held company owned by Minneapolis-based Carlson, a world leader in the hospitality and travel industries. As of June 2010, Carlson Restaurants Worldwide owns, operates, franchises or licenses more than 1,000 restaurants in 61 countries. SOURCE T.G.I. Friday's Restaurants