Carlson Franchise Recognizes Employees With Highest Honor
June 30, 2010 // Franchising.com // Minneapolis, MN - Carlson, a global hospitality and travel company, has honored 12 employees for outstanding career achievement with 2009 Carlson Fellows awards.
The award was established in 1988 during Carlson's 50th anniversary, where 36 individuals, including active and retired employees, became the first members inducted into the Carlson Hall of Fame. They were elected for their outstanding contributions and commitment to Carlson during its first 50 years of operation.
The tradition continues today. Named in honor of Carlson founder Curtis L. Carlson, the award is a small-scale model of a life-size sculpture of Carlson displayed in the company's corporate headquarters. The replicas were created for Carlson by J. Paul Nesse, a world-famous sculptor.
"This award is especially meaningful to me and the Carlson family as it recognizes those who have produced great results for the company, shown true leadership and dedication, and exemplified our values over their careers," said Carlson chairman Marilyn Carlson Nelson.
The 2009 Carlson Fellows Award winners are:
- Michel Dinh, general manager, Carlson Wagonlit Voyages;
- John Flottmeier, president, Carlson Investments;
- Hubert Joly, president, CEO and director, Carlson;
- Connie Klein, senior director, Tax;
- Knut Kleiven, deputy president and chief financial officer, The Rezidor Hotel Group;
- Susan MacHolda, senior director, Human Resources;
- Xerxes Meher-Homji, executive vice president and chief development officer, Asia Pacific, Carlson Hotels;
- Lynn Miland, senior director, Central Finance;
- Joe Terhaar, vice president, Infrastructure Services;
- Nanette Sage, sales representative, Carlson Hotels;
- Mike Taylor, director of operations, T.G.I. Friday's; and
- Cathy Voss, executive vice president, Global Program Solutions, Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
Carlson is a privately held, global hospitality and travel company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn. Carlson encompasses more than 1,080 hotels, including, Radisson®, Country Inns & Suites By CarlsonSM, Park Inn® and Park Plaza®; more than 1,000 restaurants, including T.G.I. Friday's® and Pick Up Stix®; and a majority stake in Carlson Wagonlit Travel®, the global leader in business travel management. Carlson operates in more than 150 countries and its brands employ about 150,000 people.