Shane's Rib Shack Franchise Presents 'The Ultimate BBQ Side Contest'
Winning Recipe to be Featured on the Original Shack's Menu
ATLANTA // PRNewswire // -- Today, Shane's Rib Shack, a Petrus Brands Company, launches the "Ultimate BBQ Side Contest," where Shaniacs can enter the contest by posting their side recipe on the Shane's Rib Shack Page on Facebook through a custom tab, from July 1 through July 31, and the winning recipe will be featured on the Original Shack's menu for a limited time this fall.
Contest details include:
- Shaniacs will enter their side recipes from July 1 – July 31, 2010.
- On August 10th, Shane will announce the top three finalists via a video message on Facebook.
- In addition, on August 10th, the three finalists will have their recipe video posted on the custom tab where fans can vote online for their favorite recipe they would like to see on the Original Shack's menu. Fan voting ends on August 17th, and the fan's choice poll winner will receive one large Big Green Egg Grill & BBQ supplies from Shane's.
- The top 3 recipe finalists will come to Atlanta in late August for a "cook off" challenge, which will be judged by a panel of celebrity judges.
- The winner of the judges' panel will receive one Large Big Green Egg Grill & BBQ Supplies, as well as the opportunity to have their winning recipe featured on the Original Shack's Menu for a limited time this fall!
"I love to create new recipes to add to the Shane's Rib Shack menu. My most recent creation, the Shaniac Burger, is a BBQ & Burger masterpiece and includes a half pound grilled cheeseburger piled high with BBQ pork and topped with creamy coleslaw," says Shane Thompson, president and founder of Shane's Rib Shack. "While I love to cook, I also love to hear from our customers. This time, I would like to know what their favorite side recipe is and offer them the opportunity to have that recipe featured on the Original Shane's Rib Shack Menu Board. I also look forward to rewarding our top winners with one of my favorite grilling tools, the Big Green Egg!"
For the true Shane's Rib Shack lovers, Shane offers customers the opportunity to "Become a Shaniac" where members will receive a welcome gift just for joining - plus an exclusive birthday offer, as well as monthly news and rewards from Shane's. In addition, BBQ lovers can become a fan on Shane's Rib Shack's Facebook page and follow on Twitter to keep up with Shane, the Commissioner of BBQ. As the Commissioner of BBQ, Shane will share his BBQ expertise, continue his ongoing community involvement and seek customer input on anything from menu items to "Shaniac" madness.
Shane's Rib Shack currently has locations throughout the state of Georgia, including metro Atlanta, Athens, Brunswick, Hinesville, St. Simons Island, Statesboro and Savannah. Additionally, Shane's has restaurants in the following states: Tennessee, North Carolina, Arizona, Louisiana, Virginia, Maryland, Florida, Iowa, Ohio, Kentucky and New York.
About Shane's Rib Shack
Shane's Rib Shack is a true American rib shack, known for its slow-cooked ribs, hand-chopped chicken and pork, and many southern sides to compliment each plate. The original shack was founded in 2002, in rural McDonough, Ga. by Shane Thompson, who started the restaurant with his grandfather's secret BBQ sauce. Since becoming a franchised restaurant in 2004, Shane's Rib Shack has grown to become the country's fastest growing fast-casual barbecue concept. Shane's Rib Shack was selected as #56 on the Fast Casual Movers and Shakers list of 2009 and selected to Franchise Times Fast 55 list, highlighting the very best of the Fast Casual industry's over 600 restaurants. Shane's Rib Shack currently operates more than 60 locations.
SOURCE Shane's Rib Shack