Blimpie(R) Franchise Restaurants Lighten Up With A New Healthy Menu
Pro Football Running Back, Chris "Beanie" Wells is "The Lighter Stuff" Spokesperson
July 20, 2010 // Franchising.com // Blimpie®, the sub shop franchise known for slicing it fresh, recently introduced a new menu line encouraging healthy, active lifestyles called The Lighter Stuff. Featuring six new items, The Lighter Stuff menu is now available at participating Blimpie franchise locations nationwide.
To mark this healthy step, Blimpie franchisees have teamed up with pro football running back Chris "Beanie" Wells to share the news about The Lighter Stuff offerings. Beanie Wells, a strong and very fit athlete, is the epitome of health, and the ideal choice for the official spokesperson for Blimpie's health-conscious campaign. Six deliciously healthy items—five subs and a salad—each with less than 400 calories and six grams of fat comprise The Lighter Stuff menu.
"Being a professional athlete, nutritious, wholesome meals are an important part of my daily routine," said Wells. "Now with The Lighter Stuff menu, Blimpie has made it even easier and tastier for me to stay on point with my health and fitness goals. I love all the options from The Lighter Stuff menu, but my favorite sub is the Deli Trio."
The Lighter Stuff menu features the following new healthy subs and salad:
- Deli Trio Sub: Slow-cured ham, oven-roasted turkey, top-round roast beef with tomatoes, lettuce and onion - 330 Calories for 6" Sub
- Asian Teriyaki Chicken Sub: Served hot – Grilled chicken breast and onion in a sweet teriyaki sauce - 370 Calories for 6" Sub
- Veggie Salad Sub: Lettuce, tomato, onion, banana peppers, roasted red peppers, black olives and vinegar - 270 Calories for 6" Sub
- Turkey and Sweet & Spicy Mustard Sub: Oven-roasted turkey, tomato, lettuce, onion and sweet & spicy mustard - 340 Calories for 6" Sub
- Ham and Pepper Relish Sub: Slow-cured ham and tomatoes topped with a relish of banana, sweet and red peppers and black olives - 330 Calories for 6" Sub
- Buffalo Chicken Salad: Crisp lettuce blend topped with buffalo chicken breast, tomatoes, onion and banana peppers - 170 Calories (No Dressing)
"Consumers want healthier menu options, but never at the expense of taste," said Nola Krieg, R&D Chef for Blimpie. "The Lighter Stuff menu delivers with a handful of delicious subs and a salad. We skimped on the calories, but not on the taste!"
"There's always something new and fresh going on at our Blimpie franchise restaurants. Now is a great time to join our franchise family," said Pat Conlin, Blimpie area developer. "Blimpie franchises are easy to own and easy to operate—there's no cooking or frying involved, simply fresh sliced meats & cheeses custom prepared on fresh baked bread for every customer. And, we provide comprehensive pre-opening and on-going training and support that are benchmarks for the industry."
Visit Blimpie's official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/blimpie to see what makes the Blimpie franchise opportunity a slice above the rest.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Blimpie serves freshly sliced, deli-style sandwiches made with quality ingredients along with delicious soups and salads. Founded in 1964, Blimpie has grown to approximately 1,000 franchised restaurants across the U.S and Kuwait. In 2006, Blimpie became part of Kahala, one of the fastest growing franchising companies in the world with a portfolio of 12 quick-service restaurant brands.