Realogy Brands Capture Largest Combined Share of Top 400 Real Estate Rankings by Wall Street Journal and Real Trends
August 09, 2010 // Franchising.com // PARSIPPANY, N.J. -- Sales professionals affiliated with Realogy Corporation or its franchisees represent 41 percent of the nation's Top 400 residential real estate agents and teams based on sales volume and transaction sides, according to fifth annual rankings report published by The Wall Street Journal/REAL Trends on Aug. 6.
Residential real estate sales professionals from Realogy's company-owned offices and franchise brands for CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® and The Corcoran Group® captured 194 spots in the overall rankings. In the top 10 spots of the categories featured, 39 percent are held by agents and teams affiliated with a Realogy brand -- seven agents by sales volume, six agents by transaction sides, and three teams by sales volume.
"We are proud that so many sales professionals affiliated with a Realogy brand are recognized for their extraordinary accomplishments," said Richard A. Smith, president and CEO for Realogy. "Homebuyers and sellers are drawn to exceptional real estate service, cutting-edge resources and local market expertise -- all of which are embodied by these results-driven professionals."
In the Top 100 agents by sales volume, 65 percent are independent sales professionals affiliated with a Realogy brand, who also comprise 55 percent of the Top 100 agents by transaction sides. Among the Top 100 teams, Realogy brands accounted for 26 percent by sales volume and 15 percent by sides.
NRT LLC, Realogy's company-owned brokerage, accounted for 29 percent of the agents and teams in the total rankings, exceeding its performance in each of the past four years.
The Wall Street Journal/REAL Trends Top 400 national ranking is based on year-end 2009 sales figures. The ranking methodology allowed for ties, which yielded a total 468 spots in the Top 400 ranking.
Top Agents By Sales Volume
Realogy Brands: 65 of Top 100
1. Craig S. Morris, Morris & Fyrwald Sotheby's International Realty, Aspen, Colo., ($177,009,144)
2. Serena Boardman, Sotheby's International Realty (NRT), New York, N.Y., ($175,326,750)
5. Chris Cortazzo, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (NRT), Malibu, Calif., ($133,389,010)
6. Susan Breitenbach, The Corcoran Group (NRT), Bridgehampton, N.Y., ($126,875,000)
8. Art Acosta, ERA Regency Realtors, Chino, Calif., ($105,310,359)
9. Nina Hatvany, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (NRT), San Francisco, Calif., ($104,749,860)
10. Larry W. Strother, ERA Strother Real Estate, Fayetteville, N.C., ($102,121,536)
Top Agents By Transaction Sides
Realogy Brands: 86 of Top 100 (Actual: Top 155, including ties)
3. Mike Phillips, CENTURY 21 All-Pro, Kansas City, Mo., (1,209)
4. Cathy Hoppough, Coldwell Banker Hoppough & Associates, Ionia, Mich., (1,056)
5. Mary Berry, CENTURY 21 All Pro Realty Inc., Oklahoma City, Okla., (1,002)
8. Art Acosta, ERA Regency Realtors, Chino, Calif., (555)
9. Laurice McCarty, Coldwell Banker Preferred, Bakersfield, Calif., (551)
9. Sue Nelson, ERA Sunbelt Realty, Las Vegas, Nev., (551)
Top Teams by Sales Volume
Realogy Brands: 26 of Top 100
1. John McMonigle, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (NRT), Newport Beach, Calif., ($290,626,670)
3. Joyce Essex and Danny Harvey, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage (NRT), Beverly Hills, Calif., ($197,124,739)
6. Carrie Chiang Team, The Corcoran Group (NRT), New York, N.Y., ($177,414,233)
Top Teams by Transaction Sides
Realogy Brands: 17 of Top 100 (Actual Top 113, including ties)
About Realogy Corporation
Realogy Corporation, a global provider of real estate and relocation services, has a diversified business model that includes real estate franchising, brokerage, relocation and title services. Realogy's world-renowned brands and business units include Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty®, NRT LLC, Cartus and Title Resource Group. Collectively, Realogy's franchise systems have approximately 14,400 offices and 264,000 sales associates doing business in 93 countries around the world. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., Realogy (www.realogy.com) is owned by affiliates of Apollo Management, L.P., a leading private equity and capital markets investor.