Gold's Gym Franchise Introduces The 2010-2011 Fitness Institute
Prestigious Think Tank and Media Resource Includes Celebrity Trainers, Renowned Fitness Experts and Industry Thought Leaders
August 16, 2010 // Franchising.com // Dallas, TX - Gold's Gym, the world's leading authority on health and fitness, is proud to introduce the official team of experts that will comprise the 2010-2011 Gold's Gym Fitness Institute. The Fitness Institute is the world's premier think tank on health and fitness issues, and combines the company's 45 years of hands-on experience with the most in-depth, cutting-edge health and fitness information available.
From celebrity training and sports conditioning, to pre/post-natal care and sports medicine, this elite panel of professionals is at the forefront of wellness knowledge, making the most up-to-date and in-depth information available to the media, members of the gym and the public.
"At Gold's Gym, we've stood as the nation's leader in health and fitness for 45 years and this is a responsibility that we take very seriously," said Lisa Zoellner, Chief Marketing Officer for Gold's Gym International. "The mission of the Fitness Institute is to help people find their inner strength and achieve their goals by providing the best health and fitness information available. This includes working with the Fitness Institute to craft content and programs for our members, the media, our corporate partners and fans of the Gold's Gym brand."
Since 2003, the Gold's Gym Fitness Institute has been committed to helping people live a healthy lifestyle. These highly sought-after fitness specialists have shared their knowledge and expertise with the nation's top media outlets and often serve as critical sources for a number of news stories. In addition, they have provided valuable tips and advice to Gold's Gym members and partners through Gold's Gym's newsletters and social media channels.
The 2010-2011 Gold's Gym Fitness Institute consists of the following experts:
- Dr. Belisa Vranich, one of the most prominent psychologists in the country, has an intricate understanding of the role psychology plays in health and fitness. Dr. Vranich is the author of the book, The Seven Beliefs: a Step by Step Guide to Help Latinas Recognize and Overcome Depression and an upcoming book on the psychology of athletes. Dr. Vranich also served as the Sex and Health Editor of Men's Fitness Magazine and Lifestyle Editor for Muscle and Fitness Hers.
- Robert Reames is one of the nation's most recognized personal trainers and brings over 20 years of experience to the Gold's Gym Fitness Institute. Known to millions as the official trainer and consultant for "The Ultimate Weight Loss Challenge" on the nationally syndicated program, The Dr. Phil Show, he brings his highly successful philosophy of healthy weight-loss, resistance training and biomechanics to mainstream America.
- Ramona Braganza is an expert in strength training, cardio and dance learned from her decade spent as a professional cheerleader for the Los Angeles Raiders. She has helped sculpt some of the hottest bodies in Hollywood – helping her earn the reputation as one of the top celebrity personal trainers in the entertainment industry. Ramona has trained the likes of Jessica Alba, Ryan Reynolds, Halle Berry, and Anne Hathaway.
- Mike Ryan's expertise has been sought after by Olympians, All-Star athletes, Academy Award winners, Fortune 500 CEOs and everyone in between. Ryan has worked in conjunction with strength coaches and trainers for Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Bill Romanowski, John Stockton and Charles Barkley. Celebrity clients have included Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, and Edward Norton.
- Adam Friedman is one of the most sought after trainers by clients ranging from professional volleyball player Gabrielle Reece to Olympic gold medalist and WNBA all-star Lisa Leslie, Adam Friedman is the go-to person for anyone looking to take their training up a notch. A leading strength and conditioning coach, he has trained professional athletes in the NFL, NBA, WNBA and the U.S. Olympic Team.
- Nikki Kimbrough specializes in one-on-one personal training, circuit training, plyometrics and cross-training instruction. Nikki's dedication and commitment to a healthy, active lifestyle has attracted the likes of Meredith Viera, Soledad O'Brien, Laurie Ann Gibson and Debbye Turner Bell and has shared her knowledge on The Today Show, ESPN, CNN Headline News, BET and Good Morning America.
- Dr. Eric Plasker is a wellness expert and leader in health care. As the founder of the Council on Family Wellness for the World Chiropractic Alliance, he runs workshops and appears before the 15,000 health care professionals around the world each year. Featured on the Discovery Channel's Forever Young and Connecting With Kids television network, he's shared the stage with such luminaries as Dr. Barbara De Angelis, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Dr. Andrew Weil, and Dr. Deepak Chopra, to name a few.
- Tracey Mallett has become an International Fitness Icon to millions of moms and working women across the world. Tracey's role as a bona-fide Fitness and Lifestyle Expert is exemplified in her two critically acclaimed books "Super Fit Mama" (2009, Da Capo Press) and "Sexy in 6" (2008, Da Capo Press). Tracey extends her wealth of knowledge as a Lifestyle and Fitness guru on The Style Network and Exercise TV.
- Sue Fleming is the creator of the Buff Fitness® workout regimen. The program's popularity led to a critically acclaimed reality TV series – Buff Brides – on Discovery Health Channel, still in reruns on Fit TV. Sue's Buff line of workout DVDs are based on her Random House/Villard book series, which includes Buff Brides, Buff Moms, Buff Moms-to-Be, and Fashionably Buff.
For any media looking to leverage the expertise of the Fitness Institute as a resource in a future story, please feel free to contact Shaun Leavy at 201.964.2427 or SLeavy@mww.com.
About Gold's Gym
Established in Venice, Calif. in 1965, Gold's Gym is the largest full service gym chain in the world with more than 700 locations in 42 states and 30 countries. Gold's Gym offers the latest equipment and services, including group exercise, personal training, cardiovascular equipment, group cycle, Pilates and yoga. With nearly 3.5 million members worldwide, Gold's Gym helps all kinds of people achieve their individual potential through fitness.