Four Steps to a Perfectly Organized Mudroom
September 24, 2010 // Franchising.com // These days, the average family has a bustling schedule of PTA meetings, daily soccer practice and dinner parties. With the constant in and out, a mudroom is no longer an optional addition to the home - it is considered a necessity and can ease hectic daily routines. Mudrooms help bring order to the most used entry of the home and can be created in even the smallest spaces.
The experts at Closets by Design provide the following tips to help you construct an ideal all-purpose mudroom:
- Location, location, location. One of the key purposes of a mudroom is to store all of the items that are utilized on a daily basis, such as shoes, coats, keys and purses. The mudroom should be located just inside the most frequently used entryway. Having a place to put items away right when you get in the house eliminates the time spent searching for items when it's time to leave again.
- Consider flexibility and practicality when picking storage options. Mudroom cabinetry and furniture can serve more than one purpose. A bench is a practical option; but can also serve as a functional piece by providing storage space beneath. Shoe racks and hooks that can be moved are best to change with the seasons from boots and long coats to flip flops and beach bags.
- Use space-saving accessories to maximize mudroom space. Hooks and racks take up a minimal amount of space. These items can be hung behind doors and on walls for purses, bags and keys. Wall mounted cabinets or peg board above the bench provide added storage space to hang sports equipment, tools and other items.
- Keep beauty in mind, even in the mudroom. While the main purpose of a mudroom is storage, it is often the entry to your home and should still be beautiful and inviting. Installing custom cabinetry will give the space a unique look and personality. Adding a visually appealing floor mat at the entrance or even a few photos will improve the aesthetics of the space immediately.
About Closets by Design
Since 1982, Closets by Design has built a reputation as the nation's leader in the closet organizing and storage remodeling industry. The company offers customers comprehensive solutions to all their organizational needs in a short and simple process by designing, building and installing custom home offices, closets, garage cabinets, wall units, laundries, pantries, wardrobe mirror doors and other home organization systems. Closets by Design offers a wide selection of finishes, accessories and hardware. There are currently 33 franchise locations serving major markets across the country.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances