IHOP Serves Up New Menu Full of Innovative Choices to Satisfy Any Craving
New Menu Includes Delicious Lineup of Bacon 'N Beef(TM) Burgers, Lower Calorie Options and Return of CINN-A-STACK(TM) Pancakes Along With New Design and Layout
GLENDALE, CA, Sep 27, 2010 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Pancakes are not the only thing being "flipped" at IHOP this fall. IHOP, one of America's favorite restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner, today announced the roll out of its redesigned menu featuring more delicious choices and an easier-to-read layout. From an all new burger line to combo options and lower-calorie tips and dishes, the menu is designed to guide guests to find choices that satisfy all their cravings.
Expanded variety is available at the turn of every page, ranging from the introduction of CINN-A-STACK(TM) pancakes as an everyday menu item to delicious new Bacon 'N Beef Burgers. The new menu offers a revamped, easier-to-read layout, complete with icons to denote new SIMPLE & FIT under 600 calorie options, and bold, vibrant photography. As always, all of IHOP's menu items are available any time of day.
"We know our guests love IHOP for their favorite dishes, but they also expect innovative new dishes that are uniquely IHOP," said Carolyn O'Keefe, IHOP's senior vice president, marketing. "IHOP's Food and Beverage Innovation team is driven by consumer research to ensure we provide our guests with a great dining experience, and our new menu not only provides delicious new choices, but an easier layout designed to allow guests the freedom to make dining choices that meet their needs."
With more than 20 new items to choose from, a taste of the new menu items include:
- Bacon 'N Beef Burgers: An innovative new line up of burgers with hickory-smoked bacon blended right into the beef. The unique technique of blending the bacon with the beef makes IHOP's burgers juicy and delicious with bacon flavor in every bite. Served with seasoned fries, onion rings, fresh fruit, soup or salad, and a dill pickle spear, guests can choose from five delicious flavors:
- Bacon 'N Beef Cheeseburger
- Bacon 'N Beef Bacon & Egg Cheeseburger
- Bacon 'N Beef Bacon Cheeseburger
- Bacon 'N Beef Mega Mushroom Burger
- Monster Bacon 'N Beef Cheeseburger
- CINN-A-STACK(TM) Pancakes or French Toast: One of IHOP's most popular limited time offers, CINN-A-STACK(TM) pancakes and French toast now makes its home on the menu. Enjoy a stack of IHOP's famous buttermilk pancakes or thick-cut French toast layered with a luscious cinnamon roll filling, drizzled with rich cream cheese icing and topped with whipped topping.
- Biscuits & Gravy Combo: A taste of southern comfort, the new Biscuits & Gravy combo includes two fluffy buttermilk biscuits topped with four sausage links and country gravy. Served with two eggs and hash browns.
- Belgian Waffle Combo: IHOP's signature Belgian waffle served with two eggs and choice of two bacon strips or two pork sausage links.
- SIMPLE & FIT Seasonal Fresh Fruit Crepes: With less than 600 calories, IHOP's famous crepes are topped with fresh fruit, low-fat strawberry yogurt and granola.
- Loaded Potato & Bacon Soup: Creamy potato and bacon soup topped with Cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Take Two Combos: Perfect for lunch or a light dinner, pick two items from a tasty selection that includes a House Salad, Side Caesar Salad, Seasonal Fresh Fruit, Soup of the Day, Half Turkey Sandwich, Half Pot Roast Melt Sandwich, Half Double BLT Sandwich and the new Loaded Potato & Bacon Soup.
- Chicken Fajita Quesadilla: Grilled seasoned chicken breast with onions, green peppers and tomatoes in a grilled flour tortilla with Cheddar and Jack cheeses. Served with sour cream and salsa.
- Maui-style Crunchy Shrimp: Light crunchy golden fried shrimp served with steamed broccoli, seasoned red skin potatoes and Pineapple Island glaze.
For 52 years, the IHOP family restaurant chain has served its world famous pancakes and a wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner items that are loved by people of all ages. IHOP offers its guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. The first IHOP opened in Toluca Lake, Calif. in 1958, and as of June 30, 2010, there were 1,476 IHOPs in 50 states and the District of Columbia, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. IHOP restaurants are franchised and operated by Glendale, Calif.-based International House of Pancakes, LLC and its affiliates. International House of Pancakes, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE: DIN).