Quiznos Brings Restaurant Powerhouse on Board to Lead Canada
Seasoned Restaurant Executive Robb Chase Joins Quiznos Management Team as President of Canada
DENVER, CO--(Marketwire) -
- Quiznos -- pioneer of the toasted sandwich and a premier restaurant chain for subs, salads and soups -- today announced Robb Chase has joined the company as President of Quiznos Canada. Chase held leadership roles at PepsiCo and was more recently the President of Papa John's International, overseeing roughly 500 restaurants including significant operations in China and the UK.
- With nearly 500 Quiznos stores, Canada is a significant international market for Quiznos. Through Chase's 10-year stint handling international franchising for brands such as KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell as part of PepsiCo's restaurant group, he built a breadth of international experience that will be an asset to both the Canadian team as well as the broader international team at Quiznos.
- Chase brings a wealth of franchise marketing and management experience to Quiznos, having worked with prominent Canadian brand Famous Players Theatres where he negotiated franchise rights and improved licensed operations for restaurant chains such as Burger King, Baskin Robbins, New York Fries and Tim Hortons. His vast in-restaurant and franchise experience, particularly promoting the importance of dispersed franchises adhering to a single standard of excellence, sets the stage for continuing the company's momentum in Canada.
- Newly appointed Quiznos Worldwide CEO Greg MacDonald was most recently President of Quiznos Canada before he left to run the Quiznos U.S. business last year. Chase will now head up all Quiznos operations in Canada, working closely with Canada COO George Jeffrey.
- "I am thrilled to join the team leading an important brand like Quiznos that's continually innovating to push the boundaries of quick-service restaurant (QSR) dining." -- Robb Chase, Quiznos Canada President
- "Bringing an executive on board with a background as varied and extensive in our industry as Robb Chase's is a significant move for Quiznos. We're enthusiastic about the skills and experience Robb brings to the table and look forward to seeing the benefit to our growing Canadian team." -- Greg MacDonald, Quiznos CEO
Now in its 30th year, Denver-based Quiznos is a national chain designed for today's busy consumers who are looking for a tasty, freshly prepared alternative to traditional fast-food restaurants. Using premium ingredients, Quiznos nearly 4,000 restaurants offer creative, chef-inspired recipes for sandwiches, soups and salads.
CNN Money ranked toasty sub pioneer Quiznos as the No. 2 most popular franchise of the past decade in 2010. In 2009, Quiznos' Toasty Torpedoes® earned a spot as one of the top 10 new product introductions from the Most Memorable New Product Launch Survey. Also in 2009, QSR Magazine ranked Quiznos No. 19 overall in its Top 50 Chains in system-wide sales. In October 2007, Quiznos was recognized for leading the QSR industry in wait time performance by the Mystery Shopping Providers Association's (MSPA) 2007 Wait Time Study. In May 2007, Zagat's consumer surveys listed Quiznos in the top 5 for Top Food, Top Facilities, Top Service and Top Overall, ahead of its direct competitors. For further information, please visit www.quiznos.com.