Houston Fitness Together Personal Training Studio Announces Winner of Makeover Contest
Fitness Together Studio of Houston Announces Winner of Makeover ContestLocal businesses partner to change one resident's life
November 24, 2010 // Franchising.com // HOUSTON – For one Spring, Texas resident, Christmas came early this year. And a New Year's resolution to get in shape came with it. Thanks to the Fitness Together studio of Champions Village, Shirley Guzman was chosen as the winner of the first Champions Makeover Contest and will receive three months of one-on-one personal training sessions with Fitness Together as well as several other prizes from local shops to assist in transforming her life.
"It's the gift of a lifetime," Guzman said. "I want to thank everyone involved in making this happen. Words cannot express how much this opportunity means to me."
The contest, organized by Blake and Amy Edmonson, owners of Fitness Together of Champions Village, was limited to local Champions Subdivision residents who submitted an essay detailing why they deserved the makeover. A panel of local judges chose the winner.
"We had many outstanding entries but Shirley's desire to change her life touched all of us," said Amy. "As a wife and mother of two boys, Shirley is so busy helping those around her, she doesn't take the time to take care of herself. She is a very hard worker and we all know this is going to be one amazing story, start to finish."
Born and raised in the Houston area, Guzman works for HR Consulting traveling for much of her job. Married for more than 16 years and with two sons, ages 11 and 6, she has neglected herself and now admits that she is embarrassed about her weight and how out of shape she is today.
"I know if I give this challenge 110% I will live my life happier, healthier and most importantly long enough to see my kids go through life," said Guzman. "I know I am in for a journey but I also know that I am a strong woman with a can-do attitude that will get me through the next three months."
Guzman's final reveal will be right after the New Year, and she and her trainers at Fitness Together will be blogging about her progress at http://www.championsmakeover.blogspot.com/ "This makeover is about more than simply getting in shape," said Blake. "We want to help Shirley learn to live a healthy life for the rest of her life, and our local partners are on board with us. I went to each of their offices personally to ask them to participate and I didn't get a single no."
For the first three months, Guzman will receive:
- Personal training sessions five times a week at the Fitness Together Champions Village studio including, fitness assessment, nutrition together training, cardio counseling and a polar heart rate monitor
- Monthly massages from Massage Heights
- Once a week yoga classes at Cherry Blossom Yoga
- Regular visits with Dr. Ted Piliszek, who specializes in aging wellness and will share all tests with Fitness Together to help keep Shirley healthy and on track
- Nutritional and food counseling with My Fit Food of Champions which is donating their 21 day full meal plan and a continued discount for future use
- In addition, directly before the reveal Guzman will also receive:
- A new wardrobe courtesy of Scruples
- Facial treatments from DermaTouchRN
- Teeth cleaning and whitening from Dr. Patrick Swonke D.D.S.
- A $100 gift certificate to Anything Bling Boutique
- A hair makeover from Alan Murphy
Follow Shirley's progress at http://www.championsmakeover.blogspot.com/ For more information on the Fitness Together of Champions Village studio visit, www.fitnesstogether.com/championsvillage
About Fitness Together Holdings, Inc.:
Based in Highlands Ranch, Colo., Fitness Together Holdings, Inc., is one of the world's largest wellness organizations. The parent company oversees Fitness Together Franchise Corporation, http://www.fitnesstogether.com, a one-on-one personal training fitness franchise established in 1983 that began franchising in 1996, and Elements Therapeutic Massage, Inc., http://www.touchofelements.com, a massage therapy franchisor that began franchising in 2006. Today, the combined franchise network has hundreds of franchises sold across the United States, Costa Rica, Brazil, Israel, Ireland, and Canada.