RetroFitness Recruits Independent Clubs on East Coast
Offers Gym Owners an Opportunity to Convert Clubs to Rapidly Expanding National Brand
January 24, 2011 // Franchising.com // COLTS NECK, N.J. – RetroFitness, a national gym concept known for providing great value at a low retro-price, is rescuing independent club operators. As part of its national growth strategy, RetroFitness is offering to support gym owners struggling in today's tough economy or who want the benefit of being part of a growing brand and the proven RetroFitness business model.
During the past six months, RetroFitness has converted gyms in Ronkonkoma, N.Y., and Glen Cove, N.J. A third independent club operator is in the process of converting to a RetroFitness branded location in New Rochelle, N.Y. Additional agreements are currently under negotiation.
"The success we had with our first club conversion in Ronkonkoma was unbelievable," said Eric Casaburi, founder and CEO of RetroFitness. "We were able to take a gym that was finding it difficult to compete in this economy and turn it into a profit maker. Membership has increased significantly, and we've enhanced the overall gym experience for existing members. This goes to show that RetroFitness provides the right business formula needed to survive and prosper in any economic or competitive environment."
With a low barrier to entry, easily identifiable branding and unrivaled consumer appeal, owners who convert to a RetroFitness branded location enjoy numerous benefits. As part of the RetroFitness franchise system, new owners are able to take advantage of the following:
- A strong leadership team that provides all the necessary tools to succeed, in addition to ongoing franchisee support
- A management training program that includes staff training on-site and/or at Retro University, an online operating platform program that gets the club operator up to speed quickly with top performer recruiting tactics, compensation structures, and elite Retro performance systems and procedures
- An established territory that gives the club operator exclusive rights to operate in the area
- Access to RetroFitness' industry leading vendor partners, such as Life Fitness and Intek, which provide significant, pre-negotiated discounts and warranties
- Negotiated partnerships with well-known brands such as Under Armour and Coca Cola Enterprises
- An operations team poised to help club operators take advantage of real estate opportunities, advice and lease negotiations
- RetroFitness brand awareness through an aggressive advertising and marketing program that builds membership and sustains loyalty among current members
- Turnkey profit centers including a juice bar, personal training and extensive line of exercise apparel and accessories
Launched in 2006, RetroFitness has more than 100 new clubs in its development pipeline, more than 200,000 members, and 70-plus clubs operating throughout the U.S. The company projects 300 gyms to open during the next three years. Additionally, RetroFitness' revenues surpass the national fitness club average by more than 120 percent.
"Our track record of success speaks for itself," added Casaburi. "We don't plan on stopping our incredible growth any time soon. RetroFitness is here to stay."
RetroFitness features a full collection of top-of-of-the line strength equipment and cardio machines complete with individualized LCD television monitors. Each RetroFitness location houses a RetroTheatre where members can work out in a darkened room on cardio machines while watching movies. In addition, members can enjoy personal training, tanning, full-service locker rooms, a RetroBlends juice bar and onsite chiropractic and massage therapy services.
For independent club operators interested in learning more details on conversion opportunities with the brand, please contact (732) 431-0062 ext. 12 or email email@example.com.
Founded in 2004 by entrepreneur Eric Casaburi, RetroFitness has evolved from a regional Mid-Atlantic gym concept into a national fitness system with more 120 gyms in its development pipeline. Under Casaburi's leadership, RetroFitness has grown to 70-plus gyms in 10 states. Expansion plans call for 300 gyms in the next three years and growth into new major markets such as Chicago, Dallas and Washington D.C. Each RetroFitness location is equipped with a full service fitness center including 60-100 pieces of equipment supplied by leading manufacturers such as Life Fitness and Intek. RetroFitness was ranked in the top half of Entrepreneur magazine's 32nd Annual "Franchise 500," as well as named one of the "Top Fastest-Growing Franchises," and "Top New Franchise." For more information, please visit www.retrofitness.net, and to learn more about franchise opportunities visit www.retrofranchising.com.