Molly Maid Offers Spring Cleaning Tips
Practical Cleaning Tips to Reduce Stress and Frustration During Spring Cleaning Season
February 15, 2011 // Franchising.com // ANN ARBOR, MI – Molly Maid, the leader in residential cleaning and the company behind more than 1.4 million cleans last year, is encouraging households to take on the dreaded task of spring clean up. With the help of Molly Maid, a home that was closed up all winter can be spruced up in no time. Organizing the task of cleaning, both practically and psychologically, can reduce the stress and frustration that is often associated with spring cleaning.
Molly Maid has developed a strategic method to help break down the huge chore of cleaning the entire house into realistic tasks and goals.
Below is a sample of some of the tips that Molly Maid offers to homeowners:
- Create a flexible, comprehensive plan and put it in paper. Following a plan that is in writing is easier to stick to as opposed to following a plan from memory. Decide when to clean, stick to it and build that time into a schedule.
- Don't try to tackle the whole house at once; otherwise, you'll get frustrated and procrastinate. Instead, set a goal to thoroughly clean one or two rooms every couple of days.
- After you put things where they belong, you can begin cleaning. You will waste time and become discouraged if you have to stop in the middle of what you're doing just to put something away in another room. Clear that clutter!
- Gather all chemicals needed before you begin cleaning and carry them from room to room as you go. This prevents unnecessary trips back and forth to your supply cabinet.
- Clean the room from top to bottom, moving left to right to ensure you don't overlook door frames, door panels and window sills. Don't forget the center of the room!
- Spring is a great time to inspect and clean window treatments. Whether you need to wash blinds, send drapes and sheers to the dry cleaners, or throw washable curtains into the washing machine, getting your window treatments clean after a long, dark winter can brighten an entire room.
- Dust first – then vacuum! Crumbs, pet hair, etc. will fall to the floor as you're cleaning. Instead of dusting and vacuuming bedrooms one at a time, first dust and then vacuum all the bedrooms on each level. It saves time.
- Get your children involved – little children love to sweep the floor and help put laundry away.
In this day in age, having a clean home is not always a priority. With these tips and tricks from Molly Maid professionals, taking on the spring cleaning mission will be easier than ever, and residents can once again take pride in their fresh, clean homes.
About Molly Maid
Molly Maid, based in Ann Arbor, MI, is one of four service companies under Service Brands International. The residential cleaning franchise cleaned more than 1.4 million homes last year alone. Molly Maid was founded in 1979 and began franchising in1984. Currently, more than 450 Molly Maid units are operating in the United States alone, with an additional 300 operating throughout Puerto Rico, Canada, Japan, England and Portugal. Molly Maid has consistently ranked high in Entrepreneur magazine's Franchise 500 rankings and has been the recipient of numerous awards for entrepreneurialism, software innovation and humanitarian causes.