Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning(R) Honors National (Carpet) Cleaning Week
Spring Cleaning Efforts are Celebrated with Carpet Cleaning Tips
March 29, 2011 // Franchising.com // Lakewood, CO – In less than five years, Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning® has become one of the nation's fastest-growing carpet cleaning franchises. The company wants to honor National Cleaning Week - which takes place from Sunday, March 27 to Saturday, April 2 - by helping consumers include their carpets in their Spring Cleaning efforts.
"Consumers who don't have their carpets professionally cleaned at least two times per year can increase their risk for asthma and allergy symptoms," said Jonathan Barnett, Oxi Fresh founder and CEO. "Between professional cleanings there are several things consumers can do to extend the life of their carpets, keep stains from showing and avoid respiratory ailments."
Barnett offers the following carpet cleaning tips for consumers hoping to extend their Spring Cleaning to their carpets:
- If you have dogs that spend a lot of time outside, keep doggie towels near the doors where you let them in and out. Use them to wipe their paws to prevent tracked in dirt and stains.
- To remove pet urine stains, press a paper towel onto the stain to dry it. Sprinkle water and baking soda over the area letting it dry again before vacuuming over the area.
- If you spill, get up as much of the liquid in the carpet as possible by blotting with a towel to prevent it from sinking into the carpet pad.
- There are several carpet stain removal urban legends circulating on the Internet. If you try any of these household items (i.e. petroleum jelly, vinegar, Aqua Net hair spray), do so at your peril on a small, hidden test area.
- Consider using area rugs in high traffic areas. These will protect your carpet from unnecessary staining and wear.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned by Oxi Fresh every six to nine months.
ABOUT OXI FRESH CARPET CLEANING®:
Using innovative products and technology, Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning®, one of the nation's fastest-growing carpet cleaning services, offers oxygen powered cleaning that cleans all the way down to the bottom of the carpet pile, transforming carpet right before customers' eyes. Starting with just one Denver carpet cleaning franchise in 2006, Oxi Fresh now has more than 219 units in 45 states.
Add to Request List