Nine Glass Doctor(R) Franchises Open Their Doors in First Quarter
WACO, Texas (April 12, 2011) – Nine Glass Doctor franchises opened for business in the first quarter of 2011. The new shops are:
- Glass Doctor of San Angelo in San Angelo, Texas, owned by Chuck Corfield
- Glass Doctor of the Space & Treasure Coast in Melbourne, Fla., owned by Jesus Maldonado
- Glass Doctor of the Shenandoah Valley in Harrisonburg, Va., owned by Chad Wilcher
- Glass Doctor of Picayune in Picayune, Miss., owned by Darren Champagne
- Glass Doctor of Eastern Suffolk in East Quogue, N.Y., owned by Kurt Heino
- Glass Doctor of Middletown in Portland, Conn., owned by Andy Doscher
- Glass Doctor of Charlottesville in Rochelle, Va., owned by Jim Lavin
- Glass Doctor of New Braunfels in Wimberley, Texas, owned by Joe Grothues
- Glass Doctor of Beaufort County in New Zion, S.C., owned by David Fairbert
From window repair to windshield replacement to storefront installation, Glass Doctor is a leading full-service glass services brand that offers mobile residential, automotive and commercial glass services to the U.S. and Canada. Glass Doctor also offers custom glass services, including tub and shower enclosures, entry door glass and mirrors.
New Glass Doctor franchise owners attend the most in-depth training in the glass services industry, including online training classes and a seven-day, hands-on training course at the Glass Doctor University Training Center in Waco.
In 2011, Entrepreneur magazine named Glass Doctor No. 167 on its annual "Franchise 500" list, 73 spots higher than the previous year. The company also ranked No. 1 in the "Misc.—Home Services" category, No. 97 on the "Fastest Growing Franchises" list, and No. 132 on "America's Top Global Franchises" list this year. Known as the world's first, best and most comprehensive list of franchises, Entrepreneur bases its ranking on financial strength and stability, growth rate and size of the system.
Glass Doctor was established in 1962 with a shop in Seattle, Wash. The company began franchising in 1977, and in 1998 joined The Dwyer Group, Inc.®, an international franchisor of service industry companies. At that time, the company's corporate headquarters relocated to Waco. Today there are more than 175 Glass Doctor franchise owners at more than 275 locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances