PostalAnnex+, Handle With Care Packaging Store and Sunshine Pack & Ship Stores Offer Faxing Service for Job Seekers
Business Services Providers Will Fax Resumes to Prospective Employers at No Charge
SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 29, 2011) - According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment situation remained essentially unchanged in May, with the number of unemployed persons holding at 13.9 million and the unemployment rate stuck at 9.1 percent. Job seekers continue to face a difficult hiring environment, and PostalAnnex+, Handle With Care Packaging Store and Sunshine Pack & Ship stores want to help. From July 1 through July 31, these business services providers, members of the Annex Brands franchise network, invite job seekers to visit their local store to fax their resumes for free to prospective employers.
"We know that a resume is an important part of the first impression an applicant makes on a hiring manager," says Steve Goble, vice president of marketing and communications for Annex Brands. "But for a resume to work, it needs to be seen. Job seekers need to take every available opportunity to make certain that their resume is seen and evaluated. Delivering a resume via fax as well as mail and then following up with a phone call can help a resume stand out in the crowd."
For a resume to be as effective as possible, Goble emphasizes, it needs to look and feel professional. Here are some tips for creating a resume that will do the job "right":
- Right Idea - Remember, the purpose of your resume is not to get you a job; it's to get you an interview. The interview, hopefully, will lead to a job offer.
- Right On! - With resumes, one size does not fit all. Each job opportunity requires a resume that explains how your skills and experience will benefit that particular employer. You don't necessarily need to include all of your past experience on every resume. Focus on the responsibilities and accomplishments that are relevant to the opportunity. Then, read the job posting carefully and follow the directions the employer provides for submitting your resume and your application.
- Right Words - Keep in mind that many companies now preview resumes electronically, looking for keywords from their job description. When you detail your background and experience, be sure to use the keywords contained in the job posting where it's appropriate.
- Right Order - Recruiters are swamped with resumes and applications for every position. You have a few seconds -- at most -- to distinguish yourself from other applicants, so put the most important information about you and your experience at the top of your resume.
- Right Design - For most positions, your resume should not be an expression of your fun, creative side. If you want an employer to take your application seriously, your resume should reflect that. White space between sections and a clean font (Arial or Times 12 point) will increase legibility. Print hard copies of your resume on high quality paper.
"We are very grateful for the support that our businesses receive in their local communities," says Goble. "By offering this free service, we are returning support to those looking for a job. Today's marketplace is highly competitive, so we hope our free faxing offer for resumes helps land the job seeker the interview he or she is hoping for."
PostalAnnex+, Handle With Care Packaging Store and Sunshine Pack & Ship stores are one-stop-shops for professional business services including document binding, laminating and Website template design. "We offer a wide range of services for everyone from budding entrepreneurs to established local businesses. No matter what your business is, we can help you enhance your business image," states Goble.
About Annex Brands
Annex Brands, Inc. is a franchisor of the PostalAnnex+, Handle With Care Packaging Store and Sunshine Pack & Ship brands. Formerly known as Postal Annex+, Inc, Annex Brands is headquartered in San Diego, California. Its brands offer shipping and business services such as moving van, freight shipping, small parcel and overnight document delivery services, private mailbox rental, notary service, high-speed copying in black & white and color, office supplies, web site/e-commerce services, faxing service, printing, stationery, rubber address stamps, key duplication, greeting cards and assorted gift items, all in a convenient, service-oriented environment.