Getting the Most Out of Summer Touch-Ups
Nationally Trusted Painting Franchise Offers Helpful DIY Tips for Summer Paint Jobs
July 13, 2011 // Franchising.com // ANN ARBOR, MI – Painting a home or office can be a quick, inexpensive way to make a big difference to its appearance. However, if not done correctly, homeowners will need to revisit these projects.
ProTect Painters, a national professional interior and exterior residential and commercial painting franchise, is offering homeowners the following summer painting tips:
- Avoid painting during times with extremely high humidity.
- Exteriors must be completely dry before applying paint.
- Do not paint a surface when it is more than 90º F.
- This may mean painting exteriors during cooler mornings and late afternoons
- Avoid painted exterior surfaces that are exposed to direct sunlight
- Be aware of chalking and discoloration on the exterior of a household.
- Power wash exteriors to remove dirt, dust, chalking and loose paint
- Drastic color changes (changing a room from a dark color to a light color or vice versa) require a primer, as well as at least two to three coats of paint.
- Using stencil designs and unique color combinations give rooms more personality.
- Preparation is the key. Plan to spend as much time scraping, repairing, caulking and masking as you do painting.
"Major painting projects can be deceptively difficult," said Alex Roberts, President of ProTect Painters0. "There are a number of factors that home and business owners should carefully consider beforehand. Sometimes it takes more than simply a bucket of paint and a brush to get a truly professional, high quality painting job."
With more than 30 locations nationwide, ProTect Painters franchisees offer customers on-time, in-person estimates that include a complete walk-though of the job. All painting jobs are conducted by an insured team of painting professionals.
ProTect Painters is one of four brands owned by Service Brands International (SBI), a privately held, multi-concept franchise system with worldwide headquarters in Ann Arbor, Michigan. In addition to ProTect Painters, its portfolio of home-services brands includes category leaders Molly Maid, Mr. Handyman and 1-800-DryClean.
About ProTect Painters
ProTect Painters is a professional painting contractor franchise which specializes in interior and exterior house painting, as well as commercial and residential painting projects. The brand's strong foundation is built on franchisee training and support created by founder Wayne Scherger, who started the company in 1994. In 2009, ProTect Painters was acquired by Service Brands International to join its forces with Molly Maid, Mr. Handyman, and 1-800-DryClean brands. Under the SBI umbrella, ProTect Painters is expected to grow to 200 units during the next five years. For more information about the ProTect Painters franchise opportunity, please visit www.protectpaintersfranchise.com. For more information about ProTect Painters, please visit www.protectpainters.com or 'Like' ProTect Painters on Facebook at www.facebook.com/protectpainters.