Firehouse Subs(R) Recognizes Company Standouts at "Family Reunion"
Third Annual Conference Highlights Amazing Achievements from Record-Setting Year
September 07, 2011 // Franchising.com // JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Renowned for hearty, oversized portions and piping hot subs, Firehouse Subsâ acknowledged system-wide leaders to an audience of more than 1,000 members of the Firehouse Subs community during the third annual "Family Reunion" in July 2011. In conjunction with well-known guest speakers, including entrepreneur and seasoned restaurateur Herman Cain, beneficial breakout sessions and a live concert by KC and the Sunshine Band, co-founders Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen and CEO Don Fox capped off a record year for the company with an awards presentation recognizing 10 area representatives, franchisees and general managers.
"There's no better time than at our Family Reunion to recognize the cream of the crop for their achievements," said Don Fox, CEO of Firehouse Subs. "
Firehouse Subs has experienced a record-breaking year—opening 44 locations and breaking sales records a half dozen times in 2011. The recipients selected exceeded expectations and were recognized as leaders in each field.
- Area Representative of the Year: Shawn Thranhardt Hooks, Atlanta, Ga.
- Franchisee of the Year: Kevin Hatton, Charleston, S.C.
- General Manager of the Year: Roberta Heller, Jacksonville, Fla.
- General Manager of the Year: Christian Langley, Tulsa, Ok.
- Vendor of the Year: Zimmerman Advertising Partners, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
- Marketing: Mark and Matt Whitley, Greensboro, N.C.
- Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation Award: David Conklin, Birmingham, Ala.
- Operational Excellence: Scott Friedman, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Local Store Marketing: Dave Johnson, Kansas City, Mo.
- Catering: Larry Chandler, Florence, S.C.
- People and Culture: Jim Sherman, Mobile, Ala.
Firehouse Subs, founded in Jacksonville, Fla. by former firefighting brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, is a 442-unit fast casual restaurant chain. Firehouse Subs offers oversized portions of premium hand-sliced meats and cheeses, steamed to make the flavors burst, then piled high with fresh produce atop a toasted sub roll. The restaurants reflect the authentic firefighter heritage of the founding family's 200 years of firefighting service.
In 2005, Firehouse Subs created the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation with the mission of providing funding, life-saving equipment, and educational opportunities to first-responders. Through the non-profit 501(c)(3), Firehouse Subs has given more than $2.6 million to hometown heroes, impacting 225 communities.
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances