EVOS(R) Restaurants Announces Formation of First Corporate Advisory Board
October 04, 2011 // Franchising.com // TAMPA, FL – EVOS®, the fast-casual restaurant offering healthier all-American favorites with an earth-friendly attitude and ″greater good″ conscience, today announced its newly formed Advisory Board, which will provide guidance to the leadership team as it prepares and executes its next chapter of growth. The pres tigious seven-member board is comprised of two of EVOS' co-founders and some of the most accomplished professionals in the industry, including chairman, Erich Overhardt, a former top executive at Chipotle Mexican Grill.
″EVOS attracts like-minded individuals that believe strongly in the health and wellness of people and our planet,″ said Michael Jeffers, EVOS co-founder. ″The idea that this group of talented and successful professionals has come together to support the growth of EVOS is a testament that we are a concept that represents the future of fast casual dining.″
The EVOS leadership team selected the Advisory Board after conducting an intense six-month search for individuals who offered a complementary mix of industry exper tise and business acumen.
″At a time when many restaurants are being challenged due to trying economic times, EVOS is taking steps to move forward boldly. We have chosen to bring together a strong team of individuals who share the vision of growing a successful brand while doing a world of good,″ Jeffers added. ″This is not just our job; it's the way we live our lives – and sharing it with others who share the same enthusiasm helps us bring healthier alternatives to the world that much faster. We are certain that our new Advisory Board will be an invaluable asset to our restaurants, our owners, our EVOmaniacs, and our brand.″
The new EVOS Advisory Board members are:
- Erich Overhardt (Chairman) – A fast casual restaurant industry veteran, Overhardt brings more than 20 years of experience in creating and sustaining high revenues and growth. As a top executive at Chipotle Mexican Grill, he was instrumental furthering its growth from two locations at the beginning of his tenure to more than 500 locations nationwide.
- Albert Yehuda (Secretary) – Known for his extensive background as a financial analyst, Yehuda has held posts wi th companies such as Ernst & Young, McDonald's Corporation and the Jewish Rehabilitation Hospital in Montreal, Canada. He is an expert in both organizational structure and information management for fast-growing companies.
- Nick Vojnovic (Development & Human Resources Advisor) – The former senior vice president of development, chief operating officer and eventual president of Family Sports Concepts, Inc. (the franchisor of Beef 'O' Brady's Family Sports Pubs), Vojnovic is a seasoned expert in restaurant industry growth and development. He has spearheaded the human resources and training efforts of concepts such as Chili's Bar and Grill and Famous Dave's. As th e former chairman of the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association, he has been taped as a valuable resource to national media outlets including Fox Business News and The Wall Street Journal.
- Nancy Walker (Strategic Branding Advisor) - A sought-after expert and speaker who founded the award-winning strategic brand agency, Walker Brands, Walker is an industry leader skilled in helping clients articulate and leverage their authentic brand story by creating memorable communications and customer experiences that not only differentiate them in the marketplace but also add bottom-line value across the organization.
- Tom Cardy (Finance Advisor) – With an extensive background advising fast-growing, public and privately-held firms, Cardy has more than 20 years of experience in both investment banking and financial advisory services. He is currently the chief financial officer at myMattrixx, a leading provider of pharmacy benefits management and ancillary medical benefits solutions. He is also an active angel investor.
″As someone who has seen first-hand just how powerful the EVOS brand has become in a relatively short amount of time, leading the cha rge as chairman of this group of exceptional professionals is truly an honor,″ says Advisory Board chairman, Erich Overhardt. ″The passion and dedication that has been evident among the EVOS founders has set the standard for what we know will be a truly successful collaboration of invaluable insight and exceptional talent.″
To learn more about EVOS, including upcoming expansion efforts, investment opportunities and ongoing corporate developments, visit email@example.com.
EVOS is a fast-casual restaurant brand offering simple yet flavorful all-American favorites, including burgers, wraps and salads. EVOS fare is healthier for people and the planet because it's made with the freshest natural and organic ingredients using Earth-friendly methods and materials. With locations in Florida, Georgia and North Carolina, EVOS sources only the very best ingredients such as naturally raised beef with no added hormones or antibiotics. The EVOS philosophy of ″Feel Great″ has guided the company throughout its 16 year history – inspiring its focus on offering healthier food choices including school lunches for children, environmental and social awareness and advocacy and support for local communities. Recently named the ″Greene st Burger Chain in America″ for a third consecutive year by Greenopia.com, a leading green consumer guide, EVOS employs a variety of sustainable business practices. From the purchase of renewable wind energy to the use of alternative, eco-friendly cooking methods, EVOS has perfected the art of serving great tasting, affordable food that leaves everyone who eats it feeling a little better about themselves. For more information, log on to www.evos.com.
Note to Press: EVOS is always capitalized and an apostrophe should never be utilized. Proper use: EVOS Improper use: Evos, evos, Evo's, etc.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances