Water and Fire Damage Restoration Company, Paul Davis, Offers Tips to Consumers During National Fire Prevention Week
JACKSONVILLE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Paul Davis Restoration, Inc. a national franchise company and leading provider of fire, water and mold damage restoration services for residential and commercial properties is participating in this year's National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) National Fire Prevention Week, October 9-15. This year's Fire Prevention Week theme is,Protect your family from fire.
According to the NFPA, from 2005 until 2009, U.S. fire departments have responded to an average of 373,900 reported home structure fires per year with thousands of civilian deaths and injuries, and $7 billion in property damage. Smoking materials remain the leading cause of home fire deaths, while cooking equipment is the leading cause of home structure fires and injuries. Visit www.firepreventionweek.org.
J. "Sonny" Bass, Paul Davis' Technical Director of Emergency Services emphasizes the avoidance of smoking in the home and taking steps to prevent kitchen fires, and other safety measures to reduce injury and death due to a house fire.
The following are additional tips to help keep homeowners and their families safe:
- Smoke alarms should be installed; never remove or disable smoke alarms.
- Test smoke alarms at least monthly by pushing the test button.
- Don't leave cooking items or clothing irons unattended.
- Don't let children play with fire.
- Handle gasoline or propane-powered equipment cautiously.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors.
- Have a family plan in place and conduct a home ″Fire Drill″ at least twice a year.
- Have a portable ladder in each second floor room.
- Check fire extinguishers for expiration and replace as needed.
- Have an updated, emergency first aid kit.
Properly licensed individuals and companies in the restoration and emergency services industry can help with fire safety along with The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification.
Paul Davis Restoration, Inc. is a national franchisor and leading provider of restoration services for residential and commercial properties since 1966. Paul Davis Restoration also provides advanced mold cleanup services and has franchise locations throughout North America with owners and technicians who are certified by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). For more information, visit the website at www.pdrestoration.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50017860&lang=en
Paul Davis Restoration, Inc.
Malcolm Stone, 800-722-1818