″Hill Country Holidays″ at The Westin La Cantera Resort Begins November 18
Holiday activities are open to the public
SAN ANTONIO, Oct. 19, 2011 // PRNewswire // -- Whether you are a guest at The Westin La Cantera Resort or just looking for some Texas Hill Country holiday cheer, the resort is opening its doors and inviting visitors to explore its "Hill Country Holidays" program, a unique holiday winter wonderland from November 18 through January 8, 2012.
During this magical time of year the entire property will sparkle and twinkle with an amazing display of colorful lights and decorations, and offer a variety of events and holiday-themed menus including:
- Frost (Nov. 18 to Jan. 8) – The fun kicks off with Frost – a 1,200-square-foot synthetic iceless skating venue in an area decorated with lights, music and a seating section for guests. This activity is open daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Cost is $10 for 45 minutes of skating and skate rental. A portion of the proceeds will go to a local charity.
- North Pole (Nov. 18 to Jan. 8) – Take a trip to the 'North Pole', where kids can create seasonal arts and crafts in the Westin Kids Club.
- The Magik Theatre (Nov. 19 to Dec. 23) – Once again, The Westin La Cantera Resort will partner with The Magik Theatre and present "A Pirates Holiday" based on the classic holiday story "T'was the Night Before Christmas" at the resort. Shows begin November 19. Open seating is limited. Call in advance for specific show dates. Reservations can be made by calling Concierge at 210.558.2439. Cost is $5.00 for adults; children under 3 are free. A portion of the proceeds will go to a local charity.
- Legendary Holidays (Dec. 13 to Dec. 24) – The resort's 13th annual Legendary Holidays program is sure to dazzle kids of every age. This one-hour resort tradition takes place daily at 5 p.m. Guests are guided around the property by the popular storyteller, Bandera Cowboy 'Makin' Dust', who sings and tells holiday stories while introducing the lores and legends of La Cantera. The program concludes with 'snow' magically falling from the sky as the choir begins to sing a holiday song at the top of Plaza San Saba.
- Santa's Workshop (Dec. 13 to Dec. 24) – Drop by Santa's Workshop where guests can take a photo with Santa, make a holiday toy or decorate cookies with the elves. Some charges may apply. A portion of the proceeds will go to a local charity.
- Celebrando Navidad (Dec. 1 to Dec. 30) – During the month of December, Celebrando Navidad is a storytelling activity that takes place daily in the Esparza Library where readers share holiday stories in English and Spanish. The library is decorated with festive Mexican folkloric items.
- Holiday Shopping –While enjoying a relaxing getaway at the resort, guests can take advantage of The Westin La Cantera Resort's complimentary shuttle services to The Shops at La Cantera for some last-minute holiday shopping.
- Special Holiday Menus – Celebrate the season with culinary delights, including a special Thanksgiving Day Brunch as well as delectable Christmas and New Year's Eve menu selections. Reservations can be made through Concierge at 210.558.2439. Special holiday adult beverages will also be served throughout the holiday season.
- Resort Packages – During the holiday season, our traditional Frost package is the perfect way to escape and experience a relaxing getaway at the resort starting from $219.00 per night (not including taxes, additional hotel charges and terms & conditions). Ask for "FROST" to take advantage of this special offer, which also includes two 45-minute skate sessions. Or for a full holiday experience, families can book the "Holiday" package beginning at $259 per night (not including taxes, additional hotel charges and terms & conditions) that includes two 45-minute skate sessions, breakfast for two at Brannon's Cafe and a $20 resort credit to use at any of our Frost activities throughout the resort. Packages are for available from November 18 to January 8, 2012.
- Local Charity – The Westin La Cantera Resort is a proud supporter of the United States Marine Corps Toys for Tots drive. As in previous years, a drive box will be set up in the resort lobby to collect presents for disadvantaged children during the holiday season. Last year, San Antonio residents and resort guests helped put a smile on dozens of children's faces all over San Antonio. In addition, a portion of the proceeds from all holiday program events will go to a local charity.
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1051 properties in 100 countries and territories with 145,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Meridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, and the recently launched Aloft®, and Element SM. The company boasts one of the industry's leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood Hotels also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
Laura H. Aplin
SOURCE The Westin La Cantera Resort