In Its First Full Year of Operation, Healthy Addictions Surpasses $300K In Sales
A franchise of Happy & Healthy Products, owners cite expansion of all-natural products into health conscious Colorado market as key
December 02, 2011 // Franchising.com // FORT COLLINS, Colo. – While the calendar reads December 1st, Kim and Regis Cunningham at Healthy Addictions (www.healthyaddictions.net) are already celebrating their just desserts. The company, which serves as a franchise for frozen fruit bar/novelty manufacturer Happy & Healthy (H&H) Products, has achieved a record $300,000 in sales through the first 11 months.
“While many food businesses are down or flat at best, our business has increased 33 percent entering December,” states Kim Cunningham. “While there are a variety of reasons for our success, we think it boils down to the fact that we offer a line of all-natural, great tasting snacks that health conscious Coloradoans put into their daily diet, which helps drive consistent sales to our retail partners. It’s a true win-win-win.”
Since the beginning of the year, Healthy Addictions has added dozens of retail locations throughout Denver, Boulder, Greely, Fort Collins, Longmont and even into Wyoming, in which there is no existing H&H franchise. Cunningham cites, however, that the largest expansion of her product sales has been with existing retailers who started with the Fruifull product line, achieved sales success and then ordered other product lines to expand their healthy snack selections.
Currently, Healthy Addictions markets H&H’s full line of products, which includes:
- Fruitfull Frozen Fruit Bars – Fruitfull is a 100% all natural product containing whole pieces of fruit in each bar. A delicious treat for kids and adults alike, the bars are available in 24 flavors ranging from Coconut Cream to Strawberry to Mamey-Sapote-Lucuma.
- Happy Indulgence® Decadent DipsTM – Also 100% natural, these frozen fruit bars are hand dipped into thick, rich chocolate. Gluten free (except for the Mud Pie flavor) and lower in fat than most ice cream bars, Happy Indulgence comes in six delicious flavors.
- Be Happy & Healthy® Breads – Made with 100% natural ingredients, no preservatives, and loaded with chunks of fresh fruit, healthy vegetables and gourmet nuts, these breads are the perfect choice for the grab and go lifestyle. The breads are available in 4 oz. individual slices in flavors ranging from apple to zucchini.
- Be Happy & Healthy® Snacks – With everything from trail mixes and fruit blends to sweet selections and chocolate-covered indulgences, these high quality products look as good as they taste and offer customers a veritable cornucopia of choices.
- Oskri® – A line of all natural and/or organic snacks and bars that are gluten free with no refined sugars. The single-serving bars come in coconut, sesame, fiber, protein and dark chocolate variations with a number of flavors to choose from.
While the H&H product line has won awards and accolades for its taste, and which almost sells itself, Cunningham says it’s been a lot of hard work that helped the company achieve its record year.
“It all started 17 months ago when we first signed with Happy & Healthy,” states Cunningham. “Their sales managers came to Fort Collins from Boca Raton, trained us in effective sales practices and actually helped us secure many accounts in our first two weeks. From there, we’ve continually applied what we learned to generate new accounts and expand existing ones.
“It’s been an amazing year and we’re really looking forward to continuing the momentum into 2012.”
Cunningham states that her company is in the process of adding more square footage into their warehouse and plans to purchase their own walk-in freezer to store their products onsite. Through the help of H&H, the company was set up with an offsite storage facility to help minimize start-up costs for the new franchise.
Ranked as one of the “Top Low Cost Franchises under $50,000” in 2011 by Entrepreneur Magazine in and the 36h “Top Franchise- Mid-size Class” by Franchise Business Review in 2011, Happy & Healthy Products currently distributes its Fruitfull product line in 31 states as well as the United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Canada.
“We couldn’t be happier for Kim and Regis’ success this year,” states Linda Kamm, president of Happy & Healthy Products. “Their hard work and mission to succeed is a model for all franchises to follow.”
Individuals who wish to learn more about franchise opportunities are encouraged to contact an H&H Marketing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 561-367-0739.
About Healthy Addictions
Located in Fort Collins, Colo., Healthy Addictions is found on the web at www.healthyaddictions.net. For more information, please call 970-472-1883.
About Happy & Healthy Products Inc.
Located in Boca Raton, Fla., Happy & Healthy Products Inc. is a national franchisor of leading brands such as Fruitfull, Happy Indulgence Decadent Dips and Be Happy & Health Snacks. Created in 1991 by Linda Kamm, the Certified Woman Business Enterprise Company is ranked as one of the “Top Low Cost Franchises under $50,000” by Entrepreneur Magazine and was named the 40th “Top Franchise- Mid-size Class” by Franchise Business Review in 2010.