Just Between Friends Franchise Systems Inc. Announces Top Achievers of the Year
The nation’s largest children’s and maternity consignment sales event announces Top Achievers of 2011
December 07, 2011 // Franchising.com // Tulsa, Okla. - Just Between Friends Franchise Systems Inc., is pleased to announce that 32 franchises were named Top Achievers for 2011. They announced the top winners at this year’s annual conference. To qualify for Top Achiever Status, a franchise must have gross sales topping more than $100,000.00 at a single sales event.
Just Between Friends is the nation’s leading children’s and maternity consignment event. There are 120 franchises in 24 states and each has two sales a year – one in the spring and the other in the fall with sales typically lasting three to seven days. Families across the country participate as consignors, earning up to 70 of the sale price while other families save money shopping at the event.
Just Between Friends has experienced tremendous growth in the past year as more families search for a way to make ends meet. . Just Between Friends also gives back, with each event supporting a local charity.
This year 32 franchises earned the prestigious Top Achiever status. The franchise in Tulsa, Okla., was the number one sale, with sales topping $500,000.00 in both spring and fall for a total of 1.4 million for all of 2011.
The following is the list of the Just Between Friends Top Achievers of 2011.
500k+ Top Achievers:
- Tulsa, Okla.: Daven & Paul Tackett
- Oklahoma City, Okla.: Kathy Winslow
250k+ Top Achievers:
- Fort Worth, TX.: Pam Willingham & Joanie Morrison
- Overland Park, Kan.: David and Tami Metzger
- Chattanooga, Tenn.: Stacey Ervin
- Dallas, TX.: Susan Newhouse & Stacey Losher
100k+ Top Achievers:
- Springfield, Mo.:Stacey Merrell & Marcy Leffingwell
- Norman, Okla.: Kathy Winslow
- Visalia, Calif.: Kim Colburn
- Colorado Springs, Colo.: Lynn Jennings & Melissa Meifert
- Lee’s Summit, Mo.: Amber Post
- Milwaukee County, Wis.: Melinda Herbert & Melissa Monsoor
- Portland, Ore.: Brooke Unwin & Tammy Boren-King
- Maple Grove, Minn.: Kris Bishop & Katy Saunders
- Reading, Pa.: Tracy Panase & Beth McIntyre
- Longmont, Colo.: Laura Staggs
- Western Main Line, Pa.: Tracy Panase & Beth McIntyre
- Denver, Colo.: Tracey Gifford
- Tacoma, Wash.: Allison Stephens
- Spokane, Wash.: Tonya Albrecht
- N.Richland Hills/Grapevine, TX.: Holly Davis & Jennifer Moore
- Midland/Odessa, TX.: Shawna Wilfert
- Owasso, Okla.: Amber Post
- Sacramento, Calif.: Shannon Carter
- North Bay, Calif.: Jen & Matt Hundley
- Eagan, Minn.: Kris Bishop & Katy Saunders
- Loudoun, Va.: Susan Gill
- N. Pittsburg, Pa. : Michelle Hall & Kristin Krause
- Douglas County, Colo.: Deborah Freeman
- West Chester, Pa. : Kate Horowitz & Kelly Hardy
- Seattle, Wash.: Kay Koitzsch
- San Angelo, TX.: Sandy Jameson
About Just Between Friends
In 1997, Just Between Friends was created in a living room in Tulsa, Oklahoma when Shannon Wilburn, a mother of two young children, and her friend Daven Tackett hosted a sale, while inviting 17 friends to be consignors. Promoted only in their neighborhood, the gross sales reached approximately $2,000. That’s when the idea caught on. Each season, a new, larger event was held. In 2003, Wilburn and Tackett formed Just Between Friends Franchise Systems, Inc., and began developing and selling franchises. Currently, Wilburn, now sole owner of Just Between Friends Franchise Systems, Inc., has 120 franchises in 24 states. JBF has received national attention on several national television shows including ABC News, Good Morning America, CNN, Headline News, Inside Edition and CNBC’s The Big Idea. They have also been featured in The Seattle Times, St. Louis Post Dispatch, Sacramento Bee, LA Times, Daily Oklahoman as well as on popular websites www.sheknows.com and Disney website www.family.com and broadcast outlets in cities across the country including Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Minneapolis, Denver and Seattle.