H&R Block Launches New Suite of Digital Tax Filing Solutions
New Mobile Apps, Upgrades to H&R Block At Home™ Make Tax Filing Easier and More Convenient
KANSAS CITY, MO--(Marketwire - Dec 12, 2011) - Today H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) announced the launch of its digital tax filing solutions to help taxpayers file their 2011 returns anywhere and anyway they choose. Now in its 15th year, H&R Block's digital solutions bring the power of H&R Block's expertise to taxpayers' fingertips through software, online and mobile filing solutions.
Early next year, for the first time ever, on-the-go DIYers can access H&R Block At Home using iPhone and Android smart phones for filing simple federal forms and state income tax returns. For taxpayers with more complex returns, a 1040 form can be filed using the iPad. These new apps combine the unmatched power of H&R Block's expertise with the convenience of the At Home product line up, putting the ease and convenience of tax filing in taxpayers' hands. Both apps are free to download and guide users through the federal and state tax preparation process. The smart phone app allows users to photograph a W-2 and have the data from the image automatically imported into the app.
H&R Block At Home software and online solutions are now available with new upgrades and enhancements that offer an improved filing experience for do-it-yourselfers. Taxpayers will find an improved navigation and search for easier access to tax content. And if filers choose to start with the online or software solution, they can easily toggle between the tablet app and the computer for on-the-go filing.
"H&R Block has the best suite of digital tax filing products that allows taxpayers to file when and where they want," said Jason Houseworth, president of digital solutions at H&R Block. "Regardless of how a taxpayer plans to file, H&R Block's software, online and mobile solutions are backed by the expertise of H&R Block and come with personalized tax guidance to help ensure they aren't leaving money on the table."
Ease of use and guaranteed results
The H&R Block At Home line-up offers multiple online and software products based on tax complexity. From simple returns to complex filing needs of small business owners, taxpayers will find a solution that best fits their individual needs. H&R Block At Home online, software, and tablet solutions provide a more straightforward tax preparation experience with new features that include:
- Expanded import: online users can save more time and ensure more accuracy by automatically importing their tax data from last year's return -- even if the return was prepared with other do-it-yourself online programs.
- Better navigation: a bookmarking capability allows users to flag specific pages, leave notes or comments and revisit these pages at a later date to make revisions or complete their return.
- Easy ways to log in: taxpayers can access H&R Block At Home, using their existing Facebook username and password.
- Enhanced search: a search bar has been added to the main navigation offering quick and easy access to useful tax content. If users have tax questions along the way, they can rest assured the expertise of H&R Block is available within the product.
- Maximum refund guarantees: or the return is free.
- Free audit support and representation: a free service available to every H&R Block customer --unmatched by any other do-it-yourself tax preparation product.
H&R Block is encouraging users to share their experience with H&R Block At Home. Taxpayers can write a review of the product and potential users can access these third-party reviews online at www.hrblock.com.
More than 50 million tax returns have been prepared by H&R Block online and software solutions since 1994. Visit H&R Block digital solutions for more product information or to begin your return for free online. H&R Block At Home software also is available at Best Buy, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples and Walmart. H&R Block provides guaranteed, do-it-yourself income tax return preparation services through its H&R Block At Home online, mobile and desktop solutions. Visit the H&R Block At Home micro site, talk to us online at Twitter and find us on Facebook.
About H&R Block
H&R Block Inc. (NYSE: HRB) has prepared more than 575 million tax returns worldwide since 1955, making it the country's largest tax services provider. In fiscal 2011, H&R Block had annual revenues of $3.8 billion and prepared more than 24.5 million tax returns worldwide, including Canada and Australia. Tax return preparation services are provided in company-owned and franchise retail tax offices by more than 100,000 professional tax preparers, and through H&R Block At Home™ digital products. The H&R Block Bank provides affordable banking products and services. For more information, visit the H&R Block Online Press Center.