Top 10 2012 Los Cabos Travel Trends
Starwood Hotels and Resorts in Los Cabos Predict 2012
LOS CABOS, Mexico, Jan. 18, 2012 // PRNewswire // -- The strengthening economy and consumer confidence have experts predicting travel increases in 2012. In fact, more than 91 percent of travel agents expect their clients to spend the same or more on travel over 2011, according to a survey by Travel Leaders.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts in Los Cabos have evaluated trends and surveyed visitors, and today released their predictions for travel to Los Cabos in 2012. While the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort and The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos are forecasting an increase in business of eight to 13 percent, value will still be the name of the game with these top 10 Los Cabos travel trends for 2012:
- Changing Traveler Profile- Families will be returning to Los Cabos for the value it provides. Hotels are less expensive than those in other resort destinations, flights are convenient for travelers coming from the United States, and the destination is safe.
- Inclusive Travel- Guests will be looking for "no surprise" packages that include food and beverage, taxes and fees, and amenities for one low price. All-Inclusive packages at Starwood Hotels and Resorts in Los Cabos have become very popular since their introduction last year.
- Focus on Food- Guests will expect fresh, local and organic foods. The Sheraton Hacienda del Mar and The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos are noted for their award-winning restaurants that feature local seafood and regional produce.
- Staying Fit on Vacation- Gone are the days of overindulging just because it's vacation. The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos offers SuperFoodsRx™ menus full of nutrient-rich dishes, while the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar will be introducing under 500-calorie "Color Your Plate" dishes.
- Increase in Destination Weddings-With reasonable travel and room costs, a 2012 wedding in Los Cabos can be an affordable option for brides dreaming of exchanging vows on a beautiful, white sand beach.
- Hybrid Meetings and Events- Destination meetings and incentive events are returning, but planners will be looking for alternatives like hybrid meetings, where some attendees are present and others attend via video conference.
- Importance of Safety- Safety at home and abroad is always a top concern. The exceptionally low crime rate in Los Cabos, coupled with the fact that resorts are in secure, gated communities, will continue to appeal to those "in the know."
- Educational Opportunities- With vacation time so precious, travelers in 2012 will want variety within their trips by mixing relaxation with education. Los Cabos has more to offer than just fun in the sun. Travelers can visit historic San Jose del Cabo, or learn about flora and fauna of the desert and ocean.
- Voluntourism- "Voluntourism" opportunities to give back will continue to be in demand. The Sheraton Hacienda del Mar has partnered with Casa Hogar, which houses, educates and cares for homeless boys, giving groups an opportunity to leave Los Cabos even better than they found it.
- The Spa Comeback- Spa treatments were one of the first luxuries cut from leisure and business travel plans, but they'll be back in 2012. Look for spa packages and discounts, which can offer relaxation at a fraction of the cost. Shorter treatments, like a chair massage of the neck and shoulders, will be incorporated into 2012 meetings.
For more information on the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, visit www.sheratonloscabos.com. For more information on The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos, visit www.westinloscabos.com.
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1025 properties in 100 countries and territories with 145,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Meridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, and the recently launched Aloft®, and Element SM. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
Terry Wills or Amanda Kelly
Wills Communications, Inc.
SOURCE Starwood Hotels and Resorts