Leed Certified Hyatt Place Raleigh West/RBC Center Celebrates Official Opening
132 Room Hyatt Place Hotel Opens in West Raleigh Near RBC Center
February 08, 2012 // Franchising.com // RALEIGH, NC – Hyatt Hotels & Resorts and Southern States Management today announced the opening of Hyatt Place Raleigh West/RBC Center, one of the first LEED certified hotel buildings in the Raleigh area.
As a part of the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification process, Hyatt Place Raleigh West/RBC Center boasts a variety of features intended to increase environmental sustainability, including:
- Electric car charging stations
- 30 solar panels to generate hot water
- LED lighting throughout the hotel, energy efficient HVAC systems, and motion activated thermostats in all 132 guestrooms
- Energy efficient landscaping
- Solar powered trash compactors
- Hotel transportation van powered by butane gas
Business and leisure travelers alike will benefit from Hyatt Place Raleigh West/RBC Center’s location in a growing part of the Triangle, which is just minutes from the RBC Center, State Fairgrounds, downtown Raleigh, RDU airport, and Interstate 40.
“Hyatt Place Raleigh West/RBC Center is located in a very desirable area, and we’re proud to offer our guests an environmentally friendly travel experience,” said Mike Pfeiffer, General Manager of Hyatt Place Raleigh West/RBC Center. “Hyatt Place was designed for a lifestyle, not a demographic, and as a result, we believe that everyone from business travelers to families will appreciate the intuitive, eco-friendly design, upscale décor, casual atmosphere and practical amenities.”
Hyatt Place Raleigh West/RBC Center offers:
- 132 spacious guestrooms, all of which feature a 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed® and an eight-foot sectional sofa sleeper
- 5,500 square feet of meeting and pre-function space that includes wireless internet and built-in screens for presentations that can accommodate up to 150 people
- A 1,200 square foot master suite that includes a large sitting area, conference table, king suite and adjoining king suite
- All inclusive meeting packages tailored for a guest’s specific needs including a Hyatt Place meeting host
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel
- Complimentary breakfast featuring a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- 24/7 Guest Kitchen serving made-to-order snacks and entrees
- Intimate Bakery Café featuring Starbucks® specialty coffees, premium beers, wines and cocktails
“As Raleigh continues to grow and thrive, we are excited to be a part of an environmentally friendly hospitality movement by welcoming one of the first LEED certified hotels in the area,” said Pfeiffer. “Whether we are catering to business or leisure travelers, we know that our guests will appreciate the comfortable and functional amenities that Hyatt Place Raleigh West/RBC Center offers, while still being able to conserve resources.”
For more information on Hyatt Place or to make a reservation, call 1-888-HYATT-HP (888-492-8847) or visit www.HyattPlace.com.
Hyatt Place Raleigh West/RBC Center Leadership
Hyatt Place Raleigh West/RBC Center is under the leadership of General Manager Mike Pfeiffer and Director of Sales Cathy Gilbert. In his role, Pfeiffer is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 40 associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Pfeiffer is joined by Gilbert, Director of Sales, who is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Raleigh area.
Hyatt Place Background
Hyatt Place brings the authentic hospitality for which Hyatt is known to the upscale select-service category of hotels. Inspired by multitasking travelers’ 24/7 lifestyle, Hyatt Place combines stylish design, practical amenities, forward-thinking technology and purposeful
service so guests can remain connected and productive while traveling. Features include complimentary Wi-Fi access, a StayFit@Hyatt fitness center, a coffee and wine bar serving Starbucks® specialty coffees, cocktails, premium wine, beer, and the Grab ’n Go case stocked with freshly made sandwiches and salads. The Guest Kitchen offers lunch and dinner entrées around the clock, in addition to the complimentary breakfast served daily. Specially trained Hosts are on hand to offer assistance with everything from directions to check-in to a freshly made meal.
About Hyatt Place
Spacious guestrooms feature multiple areas to work and relax, and include the Cozy Corner, an eight-foot sectional sofa sleeper; plush Hyatt Grand Bed; and ergonomic work center. Every guestroom is also equipped with a state-of-the-art media center that allows electronic devices to plug directly into the 42-inch, high-definition television, giving guests instant access to the technological amenities they’re accustomed to accessing at home or in the office.