Realogy Announces Publication Of Its Annual Diversity & Community Outreach Report
February 29, 2012 // Franchising.com // PARSIPPANY, N.J. - Realogy Corporation, a leading provider of real estate and relocation services, today released its 2011 Diversity & Community Outreach Report, published as an online flip-book that highlights diversity-related and charitable activities by Realogy employees, members of its real estate franchise brand networks and independent sales associates affiliated with its brands.
"With a presence in more than 100 countries, we made it a business imperative to be an inclusive company that embraces our geographical and cultural differences," said Richard A. Smith, president and CEO, Realogy. "We also recognize, and are proud of, the compassion and meaningful contributions exhibited by Realogy employees toward the well-being of others in their communities."
Highlights featured in the report include:
- The first winner of the newly launched Realogy Diversity & Inclusion Award, David Birnbaum, vice president of learning for Coldwell Banker Real Estate and Coldwell Banker Commercial. Birnbaum was recognized for creating teams that focused on increasing franchise business opportunities through special market growth initiatives; enhancing partnerships with diversity organizations; and, developing training courses for Realogy employees, affiliated brokers and agents.
- Strides made to strengthen the Company's inclusive culture and drive the business closer to diverse market segments
- Formation of the first international chapter of the Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA) in Canada, with Coldwell Banker Canada President appointed as chapter president
- The first AREAA Trade Mission to China and South Korea by representatives from Realogy and Century 21 China, who met with government officials and real estate practitioners
- Hosting of a Latina diversity panel featuring female brokers and agents at the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals Conference in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Realogy Charitable Foundation's 2011 contribution of $1.8 million to 619 charities in 26 states plus the District of Columbia. Donations of more than $18 million have been made through the Realogy Charitable Foundation in support of more than 2,200 charities since 2004.
- Recipients of Realogy's newly installed Humanitarian Employee of the Month Award, along with other charity-related accolades
In 2011, one of the primary fundraising activities most widely attended by individuals across Realogy's U.S. offices and featured prominently in this annual report are walks in support of the fight against cancer.
Realogy received special recognition in January 2012 for being named a Gold Standard employer by the CEO Roundtable on Cancer for its leadership and commitment to the health of its employees. CEO Gold Standard is a workplace initiative designed to prevent and also fight cancer directly by improving the well-being of employees.
Realogy Corporation, a global provider of real estate and relocation services, has a diversified business model that includes real estate franchising, brokerage, relocation and title services. Realogy's brands and business units include Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty®, NRT LLC, Cartus and Title Resource Group. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 14,300 offices with 253,000 sales associates doing business in 100 countries and territories around the world. Realogy is owned by affiliates of Apollo Management, L.P., a subsidiary of Apollo Global Management, LLC, a leading global alternative asset manager.