Top 5 Spring Fix-Up Tips from Mr. Handyman
Nation's Leading Handyman Franchisor Helping Homeowners Everywhere
ANN ARBOR, Mich., April 4, 2012 // PRNewswire // -- Spring has arrived, meaning it's time for home repairs. Spring fix-ups are a necessity after houses have been bruised and battered throughout the long winter months.
Mr. Handyman, the largest employer of handymen nationwide, has released a list of the top five actions homeowners should take to get their houses in shape:
- Gutter Installation/Cleaning – Gutters, one of the most underrated aspects of any home, will extend the life of the roof, soffits and fascia of a house. For the integrity of the roof, having the gutters cleaned is highly recommended.
- Window Frame Repair – It's time to let in the fresh air and cool breezes. This is especially tricky with a busted window, which happens frequently when the weather is cold.
- Power Washing Services – Getting the house, deck, and patio furniture professionally power washed can really increase curb appeal. Not only does power washing reduce wear and tear, it makes everything look good as new.
- Deck Repair – Perform a careful inspection of the deck to determine areas that will need attention. Are railings solidly fastened? Is the surface splintered or have nails exposed? Does any framing need to be replaced? Make a list of all the work to be done to stay safe this summer.
- Wood Rot Repair – Wood rot usually means there is underlying damage caused by water leaking behind the siding or between seams. Oftentimes, the leaking and rotting began years before, hidden from sight. Underneath, however, soaked wood has begun to rot and may be infested with insects.
For all maintenance and repair needs, contact your local Mr. Handyman for quality and professional service. To find a location near you, call 877-674-2639 or visit www.mrhandyman.com/local-handyman-service.aspx.
About Mr. Handyman
Mr. Handyman is part of a network of independently owned and operated franchises with 250 locations nationwide, which provide commercial and residential property maintenance, repair and improvement services. Founded in March 2000, Mr. Handyman is a member of Service Brands International, a group of service companies that provide a variety of timesaving services ideally suited for today's active consumer. Entrepreneur magazine has repeatedly recognized Mr. Handyman as one of America's fastest growing, service-oriented franchise systems and the No. 1 handyman service. To locate a Mr. Handyman franchise near you, visit www.mrhandyman.com.
SOURCE Mr. Handyman
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances