Local entrepreneur secures rights to market Fruitfull Frozen Fruit Bars in Chicago and Evanston
Secures several retail accounts in first two weeks of business.
April 10, 2012 // Franchising.com // CHICAGO – When Mark Peiser of Evanston decided to grow his new home-based business, he looked for a national brand that not only had a acclaimed product line, but one that was affordable and had a sound operational plan for new franchises to succeed.
Peiser found his ideal business partner with Franchise Business Review’s 9th Best Food Franchise for 2012: Happy & Healthy Products of Boca Raton, Fla. When his agreement became official, he became the third H&H franchise serving the Chicago market. Overall, this is the company’s 48th overall franchise.
“As I entered a new stage of my business career, starting a new business from scratch was a scary proposition,” states Peiser. “But the benefits of joining forces with Happy & Healthy Products truly stood out for me when weighing all of my options. With a great product line, vast resources at my disposal and new accounts guaranteed, I felt this was a great opportunity for me and one that I couldn’t pass up.”
As part of his franchise agreement, Peiser received 10 custom Fruitfull freezers to play in new retail locations, pallets of product to stock store shelves and onsite sales training from H&H’s national marketing representatives. As one of the perks of the agreement, the H&H sales trainer went out into the Chicago market with Peiser and secured several accounts within the first weeks of his business.
And thus far, it’s already paying off with new retail accounts ranging from movie theaters to grocery stores to hospital cafeterias.
“Our new franchises get the benefit of our 21-year working relationship with food service companies around the country,” states Linda Kamm, president of Happy & Healthy Products. “In many cases, we have already met the requirements to be “pre-approved” whereas other food franchises have to go through a longer process. Additionally, our Women's Business Enterprise National Council certification is another great benefit that helps our franchisees open doors and close deals faster.”
Peiser will market H&H’s full line of products, which includes:
- Fruitfull Frozen Fruit Bars – Fruitfull is a 100% all natural product containing whole pieces of fruit in each bar. A delicious treat for kids and adults alike, the bars are available in 24 flavors ranging from Coconut Cream to Strawberry to Mamey-Sapote-Lucuma.
- Happy Indulgence® Decadent DipsTM – Also 100% natural, these frozen fruit bars are hand dipped into thick, rich chocolate. Lower in fat than most ice cream bars, Happy Indulgence comes in six delicious flavors.
- Be Happy & Healthy® Breads – Made with 100% natural ingredients, no preservatives, and loaded with chunks of fresh fruit, healthy vegetables and gourmet nuts, these breads are the perfect choice for the grab and go lifestyle. The breads are available in 4 oz. individual slices in flavors ranging from apple to zucchini.
- Be Happy & Healthy® Snacks – With everything from trail mixes and fruit blends to sweet selections and chocolate-covered indulgences, these high quality products look as good as they taste and offer customers a veritable cornucopia of choices.
- Oskri® – A line of all natural and/or organic snacks and bars that are gluten free with no refined sugars. The single-serving bars come in coconut, sesame, fiber, protein and dark chocolate variations with a number of flavors to choose from.
Offering health conscious consumers with a refreshing and nutritious snack alternative, the Fruitfull product line – voted best Snack of the Americas 2010 - contains juice, cream and yogurt bars with large pieces of fruit in each bar, no artificial flavors or preservatives and many essential nutrients required to live a healthy lifestyle. The product line is included in the American Dietetic Association and American Diabetes Association’s meal planning exchanges and Weight Watchers Complete Food Guide.
Happy & Healthy Products, named one of the “Top Low Cost Franchises under $50,000” by Entrepreneur Magazine, currently distributes its Fruitfull product line in 31 states as well as the United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Canada.
“Our franchises are ideal for individuals and couples who want to own a fun and flexible business, sell a great product that makes everyone happy and incur little overhead costs during the whole process,” states Kamm. “Working either full or part time, most of our franchise owners have been with us for many years… some since our start in 1991.”
Individuals who wish to learn more about franchise opportunities are encouraged to contact an H&H Marketing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 561-367-0739.
About Happy & Healthy Products Inc.
Located in Boca Raton, Fla., Happy & Healthy Products Inc. is a national franchisor of leading brands such as Fruitfull, Happy Indulgence Decadent Dips and Be Happy & Health Snacks. Created in 1991 by Linda Kamm, the Certified Woman Business Enterprise Company is ranked as one of the “Top Low Cost Franchises under $50,000” by Entrepreneur Magazine and was named the 9th best “Food Franchise” by Franchise Business Review in 2012.
The company is on the Web at www.happyandhealthy.com.