Painting Franchise Offers Companies Tips to 'Brush Up' on Worker Productivity & Sales
ProTect Painters Offers Businesses Some "Spring Cleaning" Color Ideas
ANN ARBOR, Mich., April 10, 2012 // GLOBE NEWSWIRE // -- "Spring cleaning" is not just a time for homeowners to re-evaluate their physical space. Business owners could use this time of year to re-evaluate their office and/or retail color schemes to boost foot traffic and to increase employee morale. ProTect Painters, a national franchise specializing in interior and exterior home and commercial painting projects has specific color recommendations to help make those goals a reality.
"The research on color and mood has been well-established over the past 30 years. However, many business owners are unaware that they have the power to drive sales and increase employee retention just with a strategic use of paint. This is where we come in," said Chris Ring, ProTect Painters Vice President of Operations and Training.
Here are some quick color tips, according to Ring and several additional sources such as The Directory Journal, University of Minnesota's Informe Design department, About.com and Infoplease.com:
- Blue: Elicits feelings of tranquility and confidence. This is the least appetizing color, so it should not be the main color in office break rooms or in restaurants. However, people are more productive in blue rooms. Therefore, it is a good choice for office walls.
- Pink: Tranquilizing, so be careful. Sports teams sometimes paint the locker room of opposing teams pink so they will lose energy. You don't want employees falling asleep on the job.
- Green: Representative of nature, health, and relaxation. Currently, this is the most popular color for decorating because it is easiest on the eyes.
- Red: Stimulates appetite in restaurants, but also raises blood pressure and heart rate. It does make people more cautious and accurate in their work, but the color should be used sparingly, as it also unconsciously symbolizes dominance.
- Yellow: People tend to lose their tempers most often in yellow rooms. It is the hardest color for the eye to take in. Yellow enhances concentration, speeds metabolism, and is perfect for office break rooms, restaurants and bathrooms.
- Orange: Denotes balance and excitement. This color is great for a fitness center, for example.
- Black: Effective in small doses as an accent color. It symbolizes power, formality, and elegance.
- White: Simple, pure, clean, and brings a summery lightness to any room. Too much use of white in an office can make workers less productive. To use white effectively, an accented wall, colorful furnishings, or artwork should be incorporated.
About ProTect Painters
ProTect Painters is a professional painting contractor franchise specializing in interior and exterior, residential and light commercial painting projects. The brand's strong foundation is built on franchisee training and support created by founder Wayne Scherger, who started the company in 1994. In 2009, ProTect Painters was acquired by Service Brands International to join its forces with Molly Maid, Mr. Handyman, and 1-800-DryClean brands. Under the SBI umbrella, ProTect Painters is expected to grow to 200 units during the next five years. For more information about ProTect Painters services, please visit www.protectpainters.com. For more information about the ProTect Painters franchise opportunity, please visit www.protectfranchise.com.
Fishman Public Relations
(847) 945-1300 x236