Applebee’s® Delivering 1,200 Pounds of Thanks to Vets on May 1
Applebee’s Thank You Movement 2.6 Million Strong
Applebee’s team members are delivering 101,000 thank you cards from guests at its 1,900 U.S. restaurants to the nation’s military as part of the Thank You Movement and in recognition of Military Appreciation Month.
Veterans at the Disabled American Veterans headquarters on May 1 will be the first to receive the 1,200 pounds of thanks from Applebee’s guests.
To date, Applebee’s Thank You Movement has collected more than 2.6 million texts, posts and videos, expressing thanks to the country’s servicemen and women.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
11:45 a.m. EST (LIVE)
3726 Alexandria Pike
Cold Spring, KY 41076
Available for interviews:
- Veterans at DAV headquarters receiving the 101,000 thank you cards
- Applebee’s team members delivering the cards
- Marc Burgess, DAV national headquarters executive director
- Al McMichael, former 14th sergeant major of the Marine Corps, member of Pinnacle Five, an organization of senior enlisted members of all military branches
- Mike Scanlon, CEO, Thomas & King, Applebee’s franchise partner
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
4:30 – 500 PM ET
Ku Digital: Galaxy 17 Transponder 13 Slot 1 6mhz
Symbol 3.9787, Data 5.5, FEC ¾
Downlink frequency: 11945H
The feed will include:
- Applebee’s team members delivering 101,000 thank you cards to veterans at DAV headquarters.
- Veterans’ reactions to the cards.
- DAV Executive Director Marc Burgess on how the cards will be shared with veterans nationwide.
- Comments from Pinnacle Five’s Al McMichael on what a “thank you” means to a veteran.
- Thomas & King CEO Mike Scanlon discussing Applebee’s role in thanking the nation’s military.
Applebee’s (www.applebees.com) is the world’s largest casual dining chain, with approximately 2,000 locations in 49 states, 16 countries and one U.S. territory. Based in Kansas City, Mo., Applebee’s takes pride in providing a welcoming, neighborhood environment where everyone can enjoy the dining experience. Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar® is a DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE: DIN) brand, and is franchised and operated by Applebee’s Services, Inc. and its affiliates.