Regis Franchise Division Welcomes 12 New Franchisees
Current Regis Franchisees Opened 23 Salons in Fiscal Third Quarter
May 10, 2012 // Franchising.com // MINNEAPOLIS – Regis Franchise, a division of Regis Corporation (NYSE:RGS), the global leader in the $160 billion haircare industry, increased its franchisee base while current franchisees opened more than 20 salons in the company’s fiscal third quarter, January through March 2012. Regis Franchise welcomed 12 entrepreneurs who will operate Regis Franchise salon concepts, including the successful Supercuts and Roosters Men’s Grooming Center brands.
Additionally, existing Regis franchisees representing multiple salon brands opened 23 new locations in 15 states and provinces: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and British Columbia, Canada.
“We’re pleased but not surprised by the ongoing interest with our salon brands,” said Kurt Landwehr, vice president, Regis franchise development. “Franchising is a terrific option for anyone looking for a career change or who wants a way to supplement their current profession. The haircare industry is recession-resistant, defies technological obsolescence and is relevant in every community.”
Regis Corporation (Regis Corp.) first became a major force in franchising in 1996. Today, with over 2,000 doors, Regis Corp. has more franchised locations than anyone else in the beauty industry.
Regis franchise concepts include:
- Supercuts, ranked by Entrepreneur magazine as the #1 haircare franchise and the 14th overall franchise in the magazine’s 2012 “Franchise 500” list, is the salon industry leader in haircare services, with over 33 million customer visits per year for haircutting, styling and related product needs. There are more than 2,230 corporate-owned and franchised Supercuts in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Cost Cutters, ranked #104 overall on Entrepreneur’s “Franchise 500,” is the perfect choice for busy, value-conscious men and women with families who want a convenient place to go for their hair care. There are over 780 corporate-owned and franchised Cost Cutters in the United States.
- First Choice Haircutters provides customers with everything they are looking for: professional and creative hair care, exceptional value, friendly service and appointment-free convenience, all in a bright, inviting environment. Ranked by Entrepreneur as the 109th overall franchise, there are over 450 corporate-owned and franchised First Choice Haircutters in Canada, Ohio and Florida.
- Magicuts came in at #203 on Entrepreneur’s “Franchise 500.” A leading retail salon franchise in Canada, Magicuts appeals to men and women with families looking for high-quality hair services at reasonable prices. More than 210 corporate-owned and franchised Magicuts are located in Canada.
- Pro-Cuts (classic) is the hair salon of choice for men and families looking for the convenience, value and friendliness of a neighborhood salon. More than 150 franchised Pro-Cuts (classic) salons are located primarily in south-central United States.
- Pro-Cuts (sports) is geared to men and boys who live and breathe sports. The newest salon concept in the Regis Franchise Family of Brands, 13 locations are expected to be open by the end of fiscal year 2011-2012.
- Roosters Men’s Grooming Centers was the only men’s grooming center included in Entrepreneur’s 2012 “Franchise 500.” The updated barbershop concept with more than 40 franchised locations across the U.S. debuted at #310.
- Cool Cuts 4 Kids is the nation's largest haircare chain specifically designed with kids (and parents) in mind. There are more than 60 corporate-owned and franchised Cool Cuts 4 Kids in the United States.
- Beauty Supply Outlet is a widely known retailer of professional haircare and beauty supplies. There are more than 30 franchised Beauty Supply Outlet locations in Ontario, Canada.
About Regis Franchise
Regis Corporation has more franchised locations than anyone in the beauty industry. In North America, successful franchised concepts include Supercuts (consistently ranked as the #1 hair salon franchise in the U.S.), Cost Cutters, First Choice Haircutters and Pro-Cuts. Regis Franchise provides a comprehensive system of business training, stylist education, site approval and lease negotiation, professional marketing, promotion and advertising programs, and additional types of support designed to help entrepreneurs build a successful business. Find expert tips and franchising advice at BusinessStyle.RegisFranchise.com. More information is at RegisFranchise.com, SupercutsFranchise.com and Facebook.com/RegisFranchise.
About Regis Corporation
Regis Corporation (NYSE:RGS) is the beauty industry's global leader in beauty salons, hair restoration centers and cosmetology education. As of March 31, 2012, the Company owned, franchised or held ownership interests in approximately 12,700 worldwide locations. Regis' corporate and franchised locations operate under concepts such as Supercuts, Sassoon Salon, Regis Salons, MasterCuts, SmartStyle, Cost Cutters, Cool Cuts 4 Kids and Hair Club for Men and Women. In addition, Regis maintains an ownership interest in Provalliance, which operates salons primarily in Europe, under the brands of Jean Louis David, Franck Provost and Saint Algue. Regis also maintains ownership interests in Empire Education Group in the U.S. and the MY Style concepts in Japan. System-wide, these and other concepts are located in the U.S. and in over 30 other countries in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. For additional information about the company, visit RegisCorp.com.