Hyatt Hotels Continue to Earn ‘Best Place to Work’ Recognition
Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport Earned Top Honors in Orlando Business Journal’s 2012 Best Places to Work, Adding to Hyatt’s Growing Workplace Accolades
August 02, 2012 // Franchising.com // CHICAGO – Recognized for its commitment to its associates, Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport earned the top spot in the category for companies with 300-1,000 employees in the 2012 Best Places to Work awards by Orlando Business Journal.
The Orlando Business Journal received 88 nominations for its 2012 Best Places to Work awards, and winners were determined by an anonymous online employee engagement survey with 37 questions on topics such as trust, feeling valued and recognition in their work environment.
“We know happy associates who love what they do and where they work provide the most welcoming experience for our guests,” said Doug Patrick, senior vice president – human resources, Hyatt. “At the heart of Hyatt’s culture is a deep respect for our associates who deliver our brands to guests each and every day.”
Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport joins Hyatt’s growing list of honors and recognition. This year alone:
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place was selected by Crain’s Chicago Business through a survey of associates as a top ten “Best Places to Work” and the No. 3 “Top Workplace for Women” in Chicago in 2012.
- Hyatt Regency Dallas was featured in the midsize companies category in the Dallas Business Journal’s Best Places to Work 2012 list.
- Grand Hyatt San Antonio and Hyatt Regency San Antonio were co-winners in the large category in the San Antonio Business Journal’s “Best Place to Work 2012” list.
- Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch won the No. 1 spot in the medium category on the St. Louis Business Journal’s 2012 Best Places to Work list.
- Hyatt Regency Austin placed first in the large category for the Austin Business Journal’s “Top Ten Places to Work.”
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara and Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport were selected in 2012 by vote of associates as a “Top Workplace for the Bay Area” by the Bay Area News Group.
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco was recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area 2012” by the San Francisco Business Times.
- Hyatt Regency Chicago won the 2012 Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics from the Better Business Bureau serving Chicago & Northern Illinois for Category II (1,000 – 7,499 associates).
Pat Engfer, general manager of Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, shared her approach to employee relations.
“We’re proud of our commitment to our associates and their families,” Engfer said. “We make sure to recognize our associates for their hard work and give back to them and their families.”
In an interview with the Orlando Business Journal, Holy Pate, senior business and leisure travel sales manager at Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, said the team puts in the extra mile every day. Pate, who has been with the company for 28 years told the newspaper, “The managers take turns greeting guests in the lobby and we help the front desk when they need it. We really are one team.”
Pate landed the job after graduating from college and was first impressed by the family environment. As Pate told the newspaper, when she underwent treatment for breast cancer, the company was “so amazing through the whole ordeal. They were mentally and physically supportive, letting me cut back my work hours so I had quality of life. They were with me the whole way.”
In addition to property accolades, Hyatt Hotels Corporation received company recognition for creating an inclusive and engaged workplace environment for its associates from a variety of third party organizations this year, including the 2012 Gallup Great Workplace Award. Hyatt is also continually recognized as a leader in promoting and nurturing a diverse workforce.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests feel more than welcome. Thousands of members of the Hyatt family strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day by providing authentic hospitality. The Company's subsidiaries manage, franchise, own and develop hotels and resorts under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® and Hyatt HouseTM. Hyatt House is changing its brand identity from Hyatt Summerfield Suites®. Hyatt Residential Group, Inc., a Hyatt Hotels Corporation subsidiary, develops, operates, markets or licenses Hyatt ResidencesTM and Hyatt Residence ClubTM. As of June 30, 2012, the Company's worldwide portfolio consisted of 492 properties in 45 countries. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.