Wyndham Hotel Group Converts 20 New Managed Hotels in One Day
PARSIPPANY, NJ - (Marketwire - Aug 1, 2012) - Wyndham Hotel Group, the world's largest hotel company with over 7,170 hotels and part of Wyndham Worldwide Corporation (NYSE: WYN), today announced that it converted 20 hotels in one day, adding the properties to its portfolio of managed properties under the Wyndham® Hotels and Resorts and Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham brands.
The addition of the properties is part of the Company's recently announced agreement with Hospitality Properties Trust (HPT) (NYSE: HPT) to rebrand four hotels in the portfolio to Wyndham Hotels and Resorts properties and 16 hotels to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham properties.
All 20 hotels are now managed by Wyndham Hotel Group's affiliated management companies under a 25-year contract. Also, HPT will provide up to $75 million for refurbishment and rebranding of the hotels.
"I am very pleased to officially welcome these 20 hotels to our growing Wyndham Hotel Group portfolio," said Eric Danziger, Wyndham Hotel Group president and CEO. "The team made an incredible and unprecedented effort to convert these hotels all in one day, and I am confident that our hospitality expertise and the power of Wyndham Hotel Group will help these properties prosper."
To celebrate the addition of these hotels, the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts and Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham brands are offering special rates through Dec. 31, 2012, at the new properties. Rates at the four Wyndham® hotels start from $79 per night and can be reserved by visiting www.wyndham.com. At the 16 Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham properties, rates start from $59.99 per night beginning Aug. 4, 2012, and can be reserved by visiting www.hawthorn.com.
The 20 rebranded hotels are:
- Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, Irvine, Calif.
- Wyndham Atlanta Galleria, Atlanta, Ga.
- Wyndham Dallas Suites-Park Central, Dallas, Texas
- Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor, Houston, Texas
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Park Central, Dallas, Texas
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford-Meriden, Meriden, Conn.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills, Mich.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, Mich.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati Blue Ash, Blue Ash, Ohio
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville, Louisville, Ky.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando-Altamonte Springs, Altamonte Springs, Fla.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro, Greensboro, N.C.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charlotte Executive Center, Charlotte, N.C.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh, Raleigh, N.C.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Omaha, Omaha, Neb.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook-Wheeling, Wheeling, Ill.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago-Schaumburg, Schaumburg, Ill.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago-Hoffman Estates, Hoffman Estates, Ill.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center, Centennial, Colo.
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union, Salt Lake City, Utah
About Wyndham Hotel Group
Wyndham Hotel Group, part of the Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world's largest hotel company with over 7,170 hotels and approximately 608,300 rooms in over 66 countries under the hotel brands: Wyndham® Hotels and Resorts, Ramada®, Days Inn®, Super 8®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Microtel Inn & Suites® by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham™, Howard Johnson®, Travelodge® and Knights Inn®. In addition, the company has license agreements to franchise the Planet Hollywood Hotels, Dream® and Night® brands and provide management services globally.
All hotels are independently owned and operated excluding certain Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and TRYP by Wyndham hotels as well as certain international Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8 hotels, which may be managed by one of the affiliates of Wyndham Hotel Group. Wyndham Hotel Group is based in Parsippany, N.J. Additional information is available at www.wyndhamworldwide.com. For more information about hotel franchising opportunities visit www.whgdevelopment.com.