Monday, August 20th Celebrate National Lemonade Day With Pretzelmaker® And Free Lemonade All Day!
ATLANTA, Aug. 13, 2012 // PRNewswire // --
Monday, August 20, 2012 – ALL DAY (check local store hours)
Pretzelmaker® locations nationwide; www.pretzelmaker.com
Pretzelmaker is inviting everyonetotake a break from the heat and enjoy a FREE 7 oz. lemonade to celebrate National Lemonade Day. Indulge in this summer staple and join in the Pretzelmaker National Lemonade Day conversation online, follow the national Twitter handle, @Pretzelmaker, and use the hashtag, #LemonadeDay.
To join in the Pretzelmaker National Lemonade Day conversation online, follow the national Twitter handle, @Pretzelmaker, and use the hashtag, #LemonadeDay. For more information about lemonade and Pretzelmaker's full line of menu choices, as well as a way to stay up to date on all of Pretzelmaker's campaigns, join Pretzelmaker's exclusive e-mail fan club at www.pretzelmaker.com or become a fan of the brand on Facebook® www.facebook.com/pretzelmaker.
Some fun lemonade facts include:
- The average lemon contains approximately 3 tablespoons (50 ml) of juice.
- American-style lemonade exists in the UK as a "homemade" juice (also called lemonade), but is only rarely sold commercially under that name.
- Lemonade can trace its origins to the Egyptians when in 500 AD lemon juice was mixed with sugar to make a beverage known as qatarmizat.
- The first lemonade "soft drink" debuted in Paris on August 20th, 1630. The drink was made from sparkling water and lemon juice sweetened with honey.
- Frozen lemonade made its debut in 1840 in Naples, Italy.
- The earliest documented lemonade stands were introduced by a young entrepreneur named Edward Bok who formed them in Brooklyn street cars from 1873 to 1876.
- Lemonade stands were first referenced in news media by the New York Times in 1879.M
About Pretzelmaker® www.pretzelmaker.com
Since 1991, Pretzelmaker has specialized in serving fresh baked, hand-rolled soft pretzel products, dipping sauces and beverages. Long recognized as an innovator in their industry, the brand is credited with inventing the popular Pretzel Dog, Mini Pretzel Dogs, the portable Pretzel Bites, and the new portable Flavored Pretzel Bites. Following integration in 2010, the Pretzelmaker brand now also includes Pretzel Time®. Pretzelmaker is currently the second largest soft pretzel concept in the United States and is also rapidly expanding worldwide with locations in Canada, Guam and Mexico.
About Global Franchise Group, LLC www.globalfranchise.com
Global Franchise Group, LLC is a strategic brand management company with a focus on franchising. The company owns a portfolio of franchise brands that includes four quick service restaurant (QSR) franchise concepts: Great American Cookies®, MaggieMoo's®, Marble Slab Creamery®, Pretzelmaker® as well as two retail franchise concepts: TAF® and Shoebox New York®. The brands are managed by GFG Management, LLC, a subsidiary of Global Franchise Group, LLC. Global Franchise Group, LLC is an affiliate of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, an independent investment firm, with $5 billion of capital under management and substantial franchise management experience.