Jamba Juice Recognized for Innovative Employee Health and Wellness Programs
Named One of The Bay Area’s Healthiest Employers for Second Year; Receives 2012 Silver Health at Work™ Award
EMERYVILLE, Calif. - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Sep. 24, 2012 - Jamba Juice Company (NASDAQ:JMBA), a leading healthy, active lifestyle company, has been named for a second year as one of the Bay Area’s Healthiest Employers. The Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times, in collaboration with Healthiest Employers®, a research company focused on wellness, recognized Jamba Juice® on for their innovation and leadership in employee wellness programs.
“Jamba Juice strives to promote a healthy, active lifestyle in all that we do as a Company,” said James D. White, Chairman, President, and CEO, Jamba Juice Company. “We are exceptionally proud to be among the handful of Bay Area organizations being recognized for their active pursuit of employee health and well-being.”
In addition to being recognized for innovative and engaging employee wellness programs, Jamba® was recognized with a Silver Award at the 2012 Health at Work™ Awards sponsored by ComPsych® Corporation. The Health at Work program recognizes organizations that promote employee health and wellness. Winners were selected based on their wellness program’s comprehensiveness, delivery, promotion, participation rates, and results achieved.
Jamba has been inspiring and simplifying healthy living for over 22 years and offers Company employees access to a broad range of innovative benefits including:
- An employee stock option program (ESOP);
- A CEO Health Challenge program that rewards participants with discounts on health care benefits;
- Access to employee fit teams and sponsorship of employee teams at various events like the San Francisco Marathon®, the Rock N’ Roll Marathon Series®, and the JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge®;
- Telecommuting options to alleviate the stresses associated with daily commuting;
- An orientation website to help onboard new employees quickly;
- An intranet site dedicated to employee training, recognition, and engagement;
- Gym membership discounts;
- Medical and dental benefits;
- Paid time off eligibility for volunteer activities;
- A pay for performance program with semi-annual bonus eligibility;
- An employee discount meal program;
- Access to a variety of personal services at a discounted rate;
- A dedicated lactation lounge for working mothers;
- Access to locker/shower facilities at Jamba’s HQ building;
- Secure, indoor bicycle storage and commuter discount programs for alternate vehicle commuters.
Founded on the belief that maintaining a balance of physical activity, good nutrition, and community involvement are critical to healthy living, Jamba actively promotes the engagement of employees in local running events and this year the company was recognized for their participation in the 2012 WIPRO San Francisco Marathon, winning the award for most members of any company to participate in the event with over 150 employees running and receiving second place for fastest team in the Corporate Team Category for the Second Half Marathon.
Proud members of the Jamba team were on hand to accept the 2012 Healthiest Employer award at a celebration of corporate wellness in the Bay Area on September 7 and accepted the WIPRO San Francisco Marathon trophy on September 19, 2012.
To learn more about employment opportunities or programs offered by Jamba, visit the Jamba Juice website at www.JambaJuice.com or contact Jamba’s Guest Services team at 1-866-4R-FRUIT (473-7848).
About Jamba Juice Company
Founded in 1990, Jamba Juice Company (NASDAQ: JMBA) is a leading restaurant retailer of better-for-you, specialty beverage and food offerings, which include great tasting, whole fruit smoothies, fresh squeezed juices and juice blends, hot coffee and teas, hot oatmeal, breakfast wraps, sandwiches and mini-wraps, California Flatbreads™, frozen yogurt, and a variety of baked goods and snacks. Jamba-branded products for at-home enjoyment are also available through select retailers across the nation and in Jamba outlets. As of July 3, 2012, there were 783 Jamba Juice store locations globally. Jamba is a proud sponsor of “Team Up For a Healthy America” in the fight against childhood obesity and encourages fans to join the Team Up community of celebrities, athletes and other leaders committed to getting kids active and involved at www.myhealthpledge.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50417564&lang=en
Source: Jamba Juice Company
Jamba Juice Company