Expedia CruiseShipCenters Gives Back with "Walk for Breast Cancer Awareness"
$15,000 Donated to Breast Cancer Research During Annual National Conference
November 20, 2012 // Franchising.com // Ft. Lauderdale, FL - As Expedia® CruiseShipCenters® celebrated its 25 Year Anniversary during their 2012 National Conference aboard the Ruby Princess®, the company leveraged the opportunity to raise money for breast cancer awareness, their charity of choice.
Conference attendees dressed from head to toe in pink and walked the walk in support of raising awareness for finding a cure for breast cancer aboard the Ruby Princess’ jogging track. With personal donations and pledges from family, friends, peers as well as corporate contributions from Princess Cruises, Celebrity Cruises and Expedia CruiseShipCenters, the onboard initiative raised more than $15,000.
“This walk is a fantastic opportunity for our Franchise Partners and Consultants to gather together during our annual National Conference to help support breast cancer research across the country,” said Matthew Eichhorst, President of Expedia CruiseShipCenters. “In 2012, our organization has raised more than $38,000 for this great cause through several fundraising initiatives that we encourage our Corporate Support staff and franchise members to participate in during the year. As we continue to grow, we hope to be able to increase the amount we donate each year.”
Other fundraising initiatives that Expedia CruiseShipCenters implements year round to support Breast Cancer awareness include the following:
- Cruise for the Cure: Held annually, a portion from each stateroom booked will go directly toward breast cancer research. The 2012 Cruise for the Cure raised $22,840! Next year’s Cruise for the Cure will be held aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas in February.
- The Comfort Heart Program: Started by breast cancer survivor Carol Ann Cole, the Comfort Heart initiative has already raised over one million dollars for breast cancer research. Expedia CruiseShipCenters’ agents are raising awareness by purchasing and distributing these pewter hearts to friends, family and customers.
- Dress for the Cause: Expedia CruiseShipCenters goes pink and holds fundraisers across North America for the annual Dress for the Cause event.
- Local Initiatives: Expedia CruiseShipCenters’ 160+ franchise locations have been taking fundraising into their own hands by holding events in their local markets.
To learn more about Expedia CruiseShipCenters, please visit www.joinecsc.com.
About Expedia CruiseShipCenters
Expedia, Inc., the largest online travel company in the world, has partnered with Expedia CruiseShipCenters to provide travelers a one-stop-shop for cruises and vacations. Expedia CruiseShipCenters was founded in 1987 and offers the best value in the industry with 3,800 travel consultants in more than 160 franchise locations throughout North America. Recently named a fast-growing franchise by MSN Money, the company offers flexible, rewarding business opportunities for travel consultants and franchise owners with a passion for travel. For more information on joining the Expedia CruiseShipCenters team, visit: www.joinecsc.com or www.expediafranchise.com.
Expedia is either a registered trademark or trademark of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other logos or product and company names mentioned herein may be the property of their respective owners. © 2012 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST # 2029030-50 and CST # 20893-43
Fishman Public Relations
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances