Stop or Slow Down the Spread of Flu
January 25, 2013 // Franchising.com // According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, flu activity has been elevated for the past four consecutive weeks and we are on track to have a relatively elevated number of cases this season. If someone in your home has flu symptoms, take extra caution and use these cleaning tips offered by the cleaning experts at The Maids to keep your home healthy this winter.
- Everyone in the home should wash his or her hands regularly in warm soapy water. For quick disinfecting, use alcohol-based antibacterial hand sanitizer. Make an effort not to touch your mouth, eyes or nose without first washing your hands.
- When cleaning, always wear rubber gloves to protect yourself.
- Regularly use household disinfectant on any surfaces that are commonly touched, like toys, doorknobs, appliance handles, remote controls, light switches, phones, and facial tissue box covers. Follow proper usage instructions on the product label. Some viruses can live for up to 48 hours on hard surfaces.
- Use disinfecting spray in bathrooms. Spray disinfecting cleaner on a cloth and wipe clean toilet handles and seats, faucets, showers, tubs and sinks. Allow the disinfectant to air dry for several minutes.
- Make sure to wash items like towels and bedding in hot water with detergent. Be sure not to share these items until they are thoroughly washed if someone has been sick in the home.
- Change vacuum bags frequently.
- If multiple toothbrushes are kept in a common container, boil toothbrushes for one minute in water and vinegar, put them through the dishwasher or purchase new ones.
- To protect yourself at work, use antibacterial wipes on your keyboard, phone and writing utensils regularly, in case others have used them.
About The MAIDS
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, THE MAIDS is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. THE MAIDS enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate, distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice. Visit THE MAIDS website (www.maids.com) for more information.
SOURCE The MAIDS