Back Sandifur to Present FCPA Guidelines to Companies Doing Business Abroad at Breakfast Briefing
January 24, 2013 - Taft partner Trent Sandifur will present at the U.S. Commercial Service Breakfast Series on February 1, 2013, from 8:30-10:00 a.m at Taft's Indianapolis office at One Indiana Square, Suite 3500.
The focus of the briefing is the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and the steps U.S. companies doing business abroad must take to comply with it. The FCPA exerts enormous impact on the way American companies conduct business internationally, particularly since the DOJ and SEC have devoted unprecedented resources to FCPA enforcement.
The briefing will address:
- An overview of the long-awaited DOJ and SEC FCPA guidance released in November 2012.
- FCPA red flags, incentives for whistleblowers under the Dodd-Frank law, and detection techniques employed by government agencies.
- Industries that are of particular government interest.
- Risks for businesses conducted in countries with state-owned enterprises (such as China).
- How to comply with the U.K. Bribery Act
Sandifur, a former federal prosecutor, concentrates his practice on the FCPA and international anti-corruption compliance, investigations and defense.
The Breakfast Series is sponsored by the U.S. Commercial Service and the Indiana District Export Council. For more information, please contact the U.S. Commercial Service office at (317) 582-2300.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances