RE/MAX Marks 40 Years of Real Estate History
Global Real Estate Leader Celebrates Anniversary with More Success
DENVER - Jan. 29, 2013 // PRNewswire // - RE/MAX LLC is marking its 40th year by celebrating extraordinary growth and success at a time when the recovery in the nation's housing market is gaining momentum. As the real estate industry overcomes market challenges, RE/MAX continues as a leader in market share, agent productivity and international expansion. Co-founded by Dave and Gail Liniger on January 30, 1973, the company has attained countless achievements throughout four decades.
"This company was built on the strength of individual entrepreneurship and innovation. Gail and I recognized in the beginning that we would succeed only if our agents succeeded," said Dave Liniger, RE/MAX Co-Founder and Chairman. "So much has changed in 40 years, but what hasn't changed is our commitment to customer service and our dedication to supporting our agents and offices."
RE/MAX was born in a single brokerage office in Denver, based on an innovative agent-centric philosophy that attracted the industry's top performers. RE/MAX achieved number one market share in Canada in 1987. A decade later RE/MAX sold more real estate than any competitor in the United States, and has held number one market share in both countries every year since.
With a strong emphasis on improvement through education, the revolutionary RE/MAX Satellite Network broadcast to offices across America in 1994 with a new standard of agent training. RE/MAX is also the long-time industry leader in national TV advertising and website visits.
"RE/MAX is a true American success story. Everyone involved at the beginning came from modest backgrounds, and we just worked really hard to make our dream a reality," added Gail Liniger, RE/MAX Co-Founder and Vice Chairman.
In 2012, RE/MAX continued to grow around the world, adding 739 new franchises and six new countries, including mainland China. RE/MAX now has a presence in more than 85 countries, more than any of its competitors.
Florida led RE/MAX growth in the U.S. with 35 new franchises. California added 33. Internationally, the number of new franchises in South Africa, the fastest growing country, was up 88% over 2011, and Turkey increased by 68%.
Also in 2012, for the 10th time in 14 years, RE/MAX, LLC was recognized as the highest ranking real estate company in Entrepreneur magazine's 34th annual "Franchise 500." RE/MAX also earned the #1 real estate ranking in the Top 200 survey as published in the October 2012 edition of Franchise Times magazine. And, RE/MAX was named one of the "Top 50 Franchises for Minorities" by the National Minority Franchising Initiative through the World Franchising Network.
Other prominent achievements in 2012:
- Dave Liniger was named by Inman News as the "People's Choice" Most Influential Real Estate Leader, with a record number of votes.
- RE/MAX agents continued to be the most productive in industry surveys. Both the 2012 REAL Trends 500 and the RIS Media Power Broker surveys showed RE/MAX agents the clear leaders with respect to agent productivity among the national franchise companies.
- RE/MAX launched the new remax.com, becoming the first real estate franchisor to provide consumers with a personal, consistent web experience across desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
- The "What Moves You" social media contest attracted thousands of consumers to share their personal stories online and vote for the winner of the $10,000 grand prize. Monica May of St. Louis, Missouri won for the inspiring story of her young granddaughter Sophie's battle with cancer.
- A redesigned RE/MAX University launched a revolutionary learning platform that promises to set the standard for the real estate industry. The new platform is a full-fledged, interactive learning experience that RE/MAX Associates can tailor exactly to their needs.
On Wednesday, January 30, RE/MAX employees and guests will mark the 40th anniversary with a special event at the Headquarters building, located at 5075 South Syracuse in Denver. And, beginning on February 25, thousands of RE/MAX affiliates from around the world will gather at The MGM Grand Hotel and Casino for the annual RE/MAX R4 convention.
Nobody in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX. For more information, please visit http://www.remax.com or www.joinremax.com.
About the RE/MAX Network
Celebrating 40 years of real estate history, RE/MAX was founded in 1973 by Dave and Gail Liniger . These two real estate industry visionaries still lead the Denver-based global franchisor today.
RE/MAX is recognized as one of the leading real estate franchise companies with the most productive sales force in the industry and a global reach of more than 85 countries. Nobody in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX.
With a passion for the communities in which its agents live and work, RE/MAX is proud to have raised more than $120 million for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and other charities.
SOURCE RE/MAX LLC