Babysitters Can Help Marriages: Studies Show Regular "Date Nights" Keep Couples Happy
SeekingSitters Offers Tips for Snagging a Sitter for February 14 and Beyond
Tulsa, OK (PRWEB) February 07, 2013 - SeekingSitters is a national, online babysitting referral service that does all of the work for parents, including in-house private investigators that screen all sitters. Just in time for Valentine's Day, SeekingSitters shares the top ten tips to “Book the Best Babysitter" to keep the kids happy and safe.
With Valentine’s Day coming up, parents everywhere are reminded of the importance of scheduling regular “Date nights”. According to a study by the National Marriage Project, couples who schedule weekly date nights or time alone each week were 3.5 times more likely to report being “very happy” in their marriage than couples who did not.
Having a safe, reliable sitter readily available makes it easier for parents to schedule that time together. That’s why [SeekingSitters focuses on finding and screening the top sitters across the country. Top traits include finding a sitter who’s dependable and responsible, interacts with their kids and knows first aid, according to a child safety expert.
“Moms and dads want to know their kids will be spending quality time with someone special who interacts with them with special activities and games,” Adrienne Kallweit, founder and owner of SeekingSitters, said. “They don’t want to worry that the sitter is texting or talking on their phone and plopping the kids in front of the TV. Sitters need to be engaged with the kids. When this happens, parents can have fun together instead of feeling guilty.”
It was once a struggle for Kallweit and her husband to schedule date nights because they couldn’t readily find safe, reliable sitters. So, they found a solution by starting the full-service, on-demand babysitting referral service SeekingSitters in 2004 to help other parents. They expanded nationally in 2006 forming a franchise which now has 90 locations in 27 states. Kallweit is a licensed private investigator and has in-house investigators who conduct thorough background checks and screens potential babysitters for parents to find the best of the best.
To find that sitter that will make that date night dream a reality, Kallweit recommends looking for these top ten traits that make up a good babysitter:
- Great references: Great sitters are hard to come by and the good ones typically have regular jobs and good references. Take time to thoroughly check them though.
- Responsible and reliable. They show up on time, well prepared and ready to watch your kids. They are polite and respectful.
- Solid credentials: They are certified and can show you with a current first aid card and CPR training. Check their knowledge of how to handle health issues or common injuries such as cuts and scrapes and bleeding.
- A bag dull of tricks: Sitters should be prepared with fun, age appropriate activities for kids including games and crafts. They spend time interacting with the kids while enjoying their bag of goodies.
- They leave the home looking better than when you left it. A top sitter keeps the place tidy and pitches in to help the kids do the same. Good communication is a key here so be sure to set clear expectations for the sitter.
- Safety comes first: Good sitters don’t open the doors to strangers, won’t expose kids to Internet dangers. They keep their cell phone off and only use it in case of emergencies or to communicate with the parents.
- They ask good questions: Experienced [sitters will ask about the rules, discipline and find out in advance what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior for the kids.
- They know knowledge is power: A good sitter will request an instruction sheet with contact information and emergency details. (Parents can also buy Family Information Packets at http://www.SeekingSitters.com.)
- They ask about food allergies and what the children like and don’t like to eat.
- Most importantly, they like the kids. The kids like them and can’t wait to see them again.
Some parents are too busy to find and screen sitters and that is where SeekingSitters can help. They do all the work for parents. Through SeekingSitters website, parents can have a great time out, knowing their kids are safe and having fun. SeekingSittersis available nationwide in 27 states with 90 locations. That means wherever parents travel for work or vacation, they’ll be able to leave their kids with babysitters who have been fully vetted.
Founded in 2004 in Tulsa, Okla., SeekingSitters is a nationally recognized babysitting service providing reliable, convenient and safe babysitting solutions for families, from last minute childcare needs to regular scheduled services. Founded by Adrienne Kallweit, a Licensed Private Investigator, SeekingSitters has an in-house investigation agency that provides hands on background screening of the professional sitters as well as all member families, ensuring the safest, most enjoyable experience for all SeekingSitters’ member families and referred professional sitters. SeekingSitters was named to Inc. Magazine’s list of 500 fastest growing private companies in 2010. The company was also the winner of Tulsa’s First Annual Entrepreneurial Spirit Award in November 2007 and was named one of the “25 Best Women-Owned Businesses” by Working Mother Magazine in 2008. SeekingSitters has been featured on Fox & Friends, CNN and CNN Headline News, CBS Early Show, in Entrepreneur Magazine and on the CNBC Show “The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch.” For more information, please visit http://www.seekingsitters.com.
Diane White Public Relations
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances