Honest-1 Auto Care Celebrates April Car Care Month with Free Safety Inspection and Seasonal Tips
Emerging Auto Care Company Offers Top 10 Tips to Ensuring Fun Spring Vehicle Enjoyment
SCOTTSDALE, AZ (PRWEB) April 15, 2013 - April marks National Car Care Month, and with spring entering full bloom, for safety and operation purposes, it is important to make sure your vehicle looks the part for the season. To gear up for the open road, Honest-1 Auto Care (Honest-1), one of the only national full-service auto care company that is 100 percent ESA® Certified Eco-Friendly, is offering expert tips for recommended maintenance every car owner can benefit from, based on the auto company’s strategic approach to car care.
“With spring underway and the promise of warmer weather, we know our customers will have the itch to hit the road for those dream routes of leisure and exploration,” said Rissy Sutherland, COO of Honest-1 Auto Care. “That’s why for National Car Care Month, we encourage everyone to come into the shop to receive a free safety inspection. We also encourage our customers to ‘like’ us on Facebook to learn additional car care tips.”
Honest-1 suggests the following tips to help car owners see their vehicles spring back to life.
- Have your car serviced on a routine basis and you will save a bundle of time and money. All car manufacturers have a schedule of recommended service for each vehicle they sell. Follow this schedule. Be sure to follow your schedule for fluid flushes.
- Check the level and color of all fluids at every gas refill. If you don't know how to check your fluids or know what color your fluid should be then ask your reputable technician to teach you. Any reputable automotive shop will be happy to teach you for free. Nothing lasts forever. Your vehicle's oils and fluids do break down and require replacement in order to properly lubricate. This can save you thousands of dollars in repairs to your vehicle and keep it operating safely.
- Change your oil and oil filter regularly to protect your engine and improve your gas mileage. Dirty oil or incorrect grades can increase engine friction, thereby reducing fuel efficiency. (Consider using synthetic oil which provide better protection and last longer than regular oil). Honest-1 Auto Care offers their Eco 360 oil and fuel treatments. Eco 360 Protects your engines internal components from damage, which prevents costly repairs, and reduces friction, which computes to improved gas mileage and engine performance.
- Change the air filter to protect the engine by keeping impurities from entering the engine and improve your gas mileage. When your engines air filter becomes clogged it starves the engine for air. The onboard computers adjust for this by increasing the amount of fuel to maintain consistent firing in the cylinders. This can cause up to 10% in decreased fuel efficiency.
- Monitor your brake pad thickness and do not let them damage the metal parts such as brake rotors and calipers. This will not only result in more dollars spent on repairs, but could result in unsafe driving conditions for you and your family.
- Wash your car regularly so that it will not damage the body or undercarriage of your car. Pollutants in the air, bugs, tar, salt in air/road, dirt, sludge, and more all damage your car.
- Make sure that you keep your car aligned because it will increase the life of the tire and increase your safety due to improve handling and improve gas mileage.
- Keep your tires properly inflated. Having low tire pressure causes more drag between your tires and the road, thereby making your engine work even harder. Improper tire pressure can reduce the lifespan of your tires and gas mileage by up to 30% or more. Another option is to have your tires filled with Nitrogen which is a more stable gas. Some of the benefits of Nitrogen in tires are less fluctuation in tire pressure, reduced tire pressure leak down under increased temperatures, and longer lasting tire life.
- Rotate your tires at every other oil change (every 6,000 miles). Rotating your tires equalizes tread wear and maximizes the life of your tires.
- Start off slowly after you initially start your vehicle. Which means to slowly accelerate until your vehicle is up to operating temperature. Accelerating slowly saves gas and it reduces the stress on your engine since your oil is cold and thicker when cold.
“We’re all about providing proper and honest recommendations as it relates to car maintenance, particularly during a very important month such as Car Care Month,” said Sutherland. “We know no auto care service is ever fully stress-free and some maintenance jobs do cost a lot, but we also know how to minimize the cost and emotion of these expenses while saving you money on the long term repairs and maintenance of your vehicle. You can trust in Honest-1 shops nationwide to recommend a strategic plan for maintenance that will allow you to enjoy all that spring has to offer.”
About Honest-1 Auto Care
Honest-1 Auto Care is the only national full-service auto care company that is 100% ESA® Certified Eco-Friendly. Honest-1 leads the industry in numerous eco-friendly initiatives including strict recycling of automotive materials, pollution prevention, resource conservation and offering Eco-Friendly Auto Care services such as their eco-friendly fluid lines, ECO TuneUp® and ECO Oil Change® options. In addition to its high environmental standards, Honest-1 has a very unique customer-centric approach to the auto care industry providing centers that are family-friendly, characterized by clean and upscale waiting areas, Internet cafes, children's play areas, comfortable leather chairs and couches, an HD TV and complimentary beverage stations. Honest-1 was ranked 321 in Entrepreneur magazine's 2013 "Franchise 500" and ranked 338 in the magazine's 2011 "Franchise 500" list. Additionally, Honest-1 ranked as one of the top companies in the 2011 and 2012 Lube and Oil News "Top Oil Change-Plus Chains" and in the 2013 “HOT 100 FRANCHISE LIST” by RedHotFranchises.com. For more information, visit http://www.honest-1.com. For franchise information please visit, http://www.h1franchise.com.
No Limit Agency
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Moving and Storage
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business