Ssshhhhhh… It’s back.
Mama Fu’s Introduces New Black Market Menu
May 03, 2013 // Franchising.com // AUSTIN, Texas – Mama Fu’s Asian House, one of the hottest Asian concepts in the fast casual restaurant industry, recently relaunched its new Black Market Menu.
Following the overwhelming success of last year’s Black Market Menu, which debuted the Menu Master award-winning Banh mi sandwich, Mama Fu’s has introduced its second seasonal menu of exclusive new menu items.
The new seasonal Black Market Menu has become even more exclusive than its previous launch, now only being offered to members of Mama Fu’s loyalty program, the Funatics Club. The secret menu features an entrée salad, two rice dishes, Korean Street Tacos and two shareable, bite-sized dessert plates.
New to the Mama Fu’s basket menu category, which focuses on popular street foods associated with the concept’s Asian-inspired roots, the Korean Street Tacos compliment the restaurant’s iconic Banh mi Vietnamese-style sandwich.
Other items featured on this spring’s Black Market Menu include a Ginger Chili Glazed Salmon, Sichuan Kung Pao and Spicy Seoul Stir Fry. Keeping with the brand’s made-to-order promise, Pork Tenderloin will be introduced as an additional protein choice.
“The Black Market Menu gives us an opportunity to showcase our culinary innovation while rewarding our loyal customers” said Randy Murphy, CEO of Mama Fu’s. “Our culinary team continues to revive and refresh our menu options and this new menu gives our most loyal guests the exclusive chance to experience the innovation in our kitchens before anyone else.”
The 2013 Black Market Menu includes:
- Ginger Chili Glazed Salmon - Pan-seared salmon filet glazed with ginger chili sauce on a bed of spring greens. Served with orange wheels, daikon radish, and pomegranate vinaigrette.
- Spicy Seoul Stir Fry - Spicy Korean Chili Garlic sauce tossed with cabbage, mushrooms, onions, red bell peppers, bean sprouts and scallions. Garnished with cucumber sticks and served with white or brown rice. Choice of pork tenderloin, chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu.
- Korean Street Tacos - Soft flour tortillas filled with your choice of Pork Tenderloin, Chicken, Beef, Shrimp or Tofu with kimchi, pickled carrots, daikon radish and green onions.
- Sichuan Kung Pao - Fiery Kung Pao sauce tossed with celery, water chestnuts, red bell pepper, onion, peanuts, and chili peppers. Served with white or brown rice. Choice of pork tenderloin, chicken, beef, shrimp or tofu.
- Banana Bites - Crispy wonton wrappers filled with banana, dusted with cinnamon sugar, and served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
With 12 locations currently open and operating in four states, Mama Fu’s offers guests convenience, value and unique flavors with its high quality, made-to-order Asian-inspired food. With a contemporary and user-friendly menu that allows guests to navigate their options more easily, guests can choose between a rice dish or noodle bowl, as well as their protein of choice, from a selection of Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese and Korean menu options. More health-conscious guests can order a Steam Bowl or salad, or have their protein prepared wok-seared, a cooking method that reduces oils and starch.
About Mama Fu's Asian House®
The Austin, Texas-based Murphy Adams Restaurant Group purchased Mama Fu's Asian House from Raving Brands in March 2008. Mama Fu’s specializes in freshly prepared Asian cuisine and offers a unique Flex Casual® service model that includes a fast casual approach to lunch, with a transition to relaxed, full service at dinner. Combined with delivery, take-out, online ordering and catering, Mama Fu's is a convenient and delicious option for every dining occasion. The company currently has 12 locations open and operating, with 61 stores in development. For more information, call (512) 949-3220 or visit www.mamafus.com.
SOURCE Mama Fu's Asian House
Fishman PR & Marketing
847.945.1300, ext. 234