After-School Sports Program Celebrates Ten Years of Working with Students
TGA challenges young people’s creativity with national T-shirt contest.
El Segundo, CA (PRWEB) May 23, 2013 - Over the past ten years, TGA Premier Golf and Tennis has been enriching the lives of youth across the country through its innovative after-school youth sports programs.
In celebration of this milestone, TGA did what it does best: It gave young people the opportunity to express themselves, but this time, it wasn’t on the golf course or tennis court, but through artistic impression. Students were challenged to design a T-shirt that would be used nationally in 2013 summer camps to mark the 10th anniversary.
This unique activity gave TGA students the opportunity to design a colorful themed T-shirt that expressed what TGA and ten years of fun and learning the sports of golf and tennis meant to them.
Children from TGA programs across the country designed anniversary-themed T-shirts, submitting their proposals to the national TGA office where a panel of judges selected 13 finalists. Those 13 designs were loaded online and the public voted for the winner.
The winner is from Connecticut: Lara Beckius from Thompson Brook School in Avon, which is part of the TGA of Hartford County franchise.
Lara and her family will receive a $150 gift card and have her T-shirt design developed into the 2013 TGA camp T-shirt that will be worn by thousands of campers nationwide throughout the year.
Below is a list of the other national finalists:
- Rosanna Johnson – John Adams Academy – Roseville, CA – TGA of Placer County
- Shinza Ashar – Woodward Academy – Johns Creek, GA – TGA of Gwinnett County
- Patrick Williams – Mount Carmel Christian School – Stone Mountain, GA – TGA of Gwinnett County
- Nate Stephens – Springmont School – Atlanta, GA - TGA of North Fulton County
- Javier Franchino – Our Lady of Grace – Encino, CA – TGA of West Valley
- Daniel Finnane – St. Margaret Mary Catholic School – Winter Park, FL – TGA of North Orlando
- April Groce – Baucom Elementary – Apex, NC – TGA of West Wake County
- Rhiannon Negley-Goodman – Thales Academy – Apex, NC – TGA of West Wake County
- Andre Saldanna – El Rincon Elementary – Culver City, CA – TGA of Los Angeles
- Ezra Pietrafesa – Bayville Intermediate – Bayville, NY – TGA of North Shore Nassau County
- Delia Rossi – Villa Academy – Seattle, WA – TGA of North Seattle
- Lycee Francais - Corte Madera, CA – TGA of the North Bay – A team effort by three students: Constantine Westerink, Lucien McNulty, Jay Figuerroa
TGA, with its specialized curriculum, makes students better citizens by improving health and wellness, scholastic aptitude and confidence. Now, it can add enhancing creativity to the way the after-school program enriches the lives of students.
About TGA Premier Golf and Tennis
TGA Premier Golf and Tennis (TGA) runs the leading school-based youth golf and tennis programs in the United States through a franchise model for self-starters who enjoy working with children in a business venture that provides a unique entry into youth sports, and education. TGA brings the sports of golf and tennis to students through consistent programs that offer physical education and after-school programs at elementary and middle schools, childcare centers and community centers.
Entrepreneur Magazine named TGA a “Top 10 Franchise Value” in 2010 based on total startup costs, as well as No. 295 on the Magazine’s Franchise 500 rankings in 2012. In addition, the publication has ranked TGA among the top children’s fitness, low-cost and home-based franchises the last few years.
TGA is a national supporting organization of the After School Alliance and Lights on After School, and is a corporate advocate and national partner of the President’s Challenge on Physical Fitness, United States Tennis Association, Golf Coaches Association, as well as the National Council of Youth Sports.
For more information, visit http://www.playtga.com.
TGA Premier Golf and Tennis
Founder and CEO