Woody’s Bar-B-Q ® Woos New Fans across the Nation with Just a Click of the Mouse
National Franchise Company Ships Signature Sauces and Four of its Most Popular Dishes to Every State in the Continental United States through its Online Store
June 27, 2013 // Franchising.com // Jacksonville, Florida – Jacksonville-based Woody’s Bar-B-Q® currently has a slew of authentic Southern barbecue franchises in Florida, Utah, Ohio and Pennsylvania, with more to follow shortly in Georgia. While their long-term goal is to eventually have their special brand of slow smoked meats and signature sauces represented at Woody’s locations across all 48 states of the Continental U.S., there is no need for true barbecue fans to wait for a franchise to open its doors in their hometown to discover what makes Woody’s Bar-B-Q great. Woody’s online store represents the perfect marriage of good old-fashioned recipes and state-of-the-art technology. With just a click of the mouse, visitors to the Woody’s Bar-B-Q website can order up barbecue sauces in three delicious flavors, as well as four of Woody’s most popular smoked meats – all shipped right to their front door.
The following menu items are available to order through Woody’s Bar-B-Q Online Store:
- Pork Spare Ribs – 4 pounds of tender, meaty spare ribs basted in Woody’s famous sauce and slow smoked. This package feeds approximately 6 hungry rib eaters and is shipped with a pint of sweet sauce.
- Pulled Chicken – 4 pounds of melt-in-your-mouth boneless chicken, marinated in Woody’s sweet sauce. This package feeds approximately 8-10 people and is shipped with a pint of sweet sauce.
- Sloppy Woody – 4 pounds of Woody’s most popular dish – a tangy combination of Woody’s secret sauce and Bar-B-Q Pork. This package feeds approximately 8-10 people and is shipped with a pint of sweet sauce.
- Carolina Pulled Pork – A Floridian twist on a Carolina classic. 4 pounds of slow-smoked pulled pork shipped with a pint of Woody’s Carolina-inspired Tangy Mustard sauce. This package feeds 8-10 people.
- Woody’s Smokin’ Hot Bar-B-Q Sauce – Available in a gallon jug
- Woody’s Southern Sweet Bar-B-Q Sauce – Available in a 17 ounce bottle or gallon jug
- Woody’s Tangy Mustard Bar-B-Q Sauce – Available in a 17 ounce bottle or gallon jug
Meats are all slow-smoked in keeping with Woody’s Bar-B-Q’s high standards, flash-frozen to seal in the flavors, packaged in dry ice and delivered within two days via Fed Ex. All Meat orders feature FREE shipping. Shipment comes complete with instructions on how to thaw and reheat in order to bring the unique taste of Woody’s to any family picnic, gathering of friends, neighborhood barbecue, pool party or simply the kitchen table at home.
“We are thrilled to have an opportunity to offer our special brand of barbecue to individuals and families all across the nation,” says Yolanda Mills-Mawman, co-founder of Woody’s Bar-B-Q. “While our restaurants are not located in every state across the nation – yet – that shouldn’t deny people the chance to enjoy some of our most popular dishes. It could be that they happened upon Woody’s during a visit to Florida, used to live here and are homesick for our food, or are simply curious to learn what the buzz is about. No matter the reason, we invite barbecue fans everywhere to pay a visit to our online store and try a sampling from our menu. Once they do, we know they’ll be back for more!”
Woody’s online store also features Q Cards - the ideal gift for true barbecue lovers; T-shirts showcasing a number of Woody’s signature phrases: “We Smoke Butt,” “I’m a Total Pig,” “Woody’s Pulled My Pork,” “Best Racks in Town,” and more; and the new Forever Shirt – a high-end Nike brand polo shirt made of DRI-FIT knit fabric with the “Woody’s Bar-B-Q Forever Shirt” logo on the front and Nike swoosh emblem on the sleeve. Available in seven colors, when the Forever Shirt is worn into a Woody’s Bar-B-Q location – it affords the wearer and up to four guests a 20% discount* for the life of the shirt.
To place an order at the online store or find the Woody’s Bar-B-Q location nearest them, hungry barbecue fans are invited to visit www.woodys.com.
About Woody’s Bar-B-Q®
After opening their first Woody’s Bar-B-Q in 1980, partners Woody Mills and Yolanda Mills-Mawman have spent the past three decades setting the “bar” higher for great Southern Bar-B-Q. From the humble beginnings of just one location in Jacksonville, Florida, a shared passion for Bar-B-Q, and a dog-eared collection of recipes, Mills and Mawman have grown the Woody’s Bar-B-Q brand to locations reaching from the Deep South where Bar-B-Q is king to the Northeast and Western fronts. Perhaps best known for their legendary melt-in-your-mouth slow-smoked Signature Baby Back Ribs, Woody’s has also built quite a following among patrons with their secret recipe Bar-B-Q sauces and meats, as well as their freshly prepared side dishes. For more information and a list of locations, visit http://www.woodys.com. To learn more about becoming a Woody’s Bar-B-Q franchisee, visit http://www.woodys.com/franchise/.
* This discount applies to regular priced menu items only; discount available any day of the week.
SOURCE Woody’s Bar-B-Q®
Director of Marketing
904-992-0556 ex 30