Element Goes Global: Opening of Element Vaughan Southwest Marks International Debut for Leading Hotel Brand
Extended Stay Reimagined - Starwood Hotels & Resorts' First Canadian Element Offers Eco-centric Sensibilities
STAMFORD, Conn. - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Jul. 2, 2013 - The opening of Element Vaughan Southwest has introduced the first international hotel within Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.'s (NYSE: HOT) eco-wise Element® portfolio. Built green from the ground up, Canada's premier Element hotel is a trailblazing all-suite, 152-room extended stay enclave in Vaughan, Ontario, offering easy access between Pearson International Airport and downtown Toronto.
"Vaughan is one of the country's fastest growing cities with a strong emphasis on sustaining the environment, which made it a natural choice for Element's first foray into Canada," said Brian McGuinness, Senior Vice President of Specialty Select Brands for Starwood. "Whether staying for a few days or a few weeks, Element Vaughan Southwest offers business and leisure travelers a unique setting to thrive, conveniently located next to numerous businesses and attractions."
Philippe Gadbois, Senior Vice President, Operations for Atlific Hotels added, "Element is an exceptional brand for a new generation of traveler, and we are happy to build upon our relationship with Starwood to bring this unique extended stay concept to Canada for the first time." Atlific manages Element Vaughan Southwest as well as other properties within Starwood's Canadian portfolio including Le Westin Montréal, Sheraton Red Deer Hotel in Alberta and Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Conference Centre Gatineau-Ottawa.
Element is the first major hotel brand to mandate that all properties pursue the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification for high-performance buildings. It's recognized as an industry leader in the eco-space, and offers travelers a fresh, reimagined interpretation of the extended stay hotel experience. Every aspect of the brand is designed to fuel a life in balance and on the move. Element Vaughan Southwest features all of the brand's signatures, including:
- Inviting common areas for work or play, flooded with natural light thanks to 16-foot windows. A patio with self-serve grills, outdoor seating and loungers serves as an open-air extension of the lobby.
- Light-filled suites with a fluid design, signature Heavenly® Bed, 42" flat-screen television, large desk with open shelving and ergonomic chair. Suites are smoke-free and offer recycling bins, environmentally-friendly "do not disturb" door magnets, recycled tire flooring and mountings for art and soy-based fabrics. Complimentary amenities for four-legged travel companions are also available in specially appointed pet-friendly suites.
- Spa-inspired bathrooms with an invigorating rain-shower, dual-flush toilet and low-flow faucets and fixtures.
- Fully equipped en-suite gourmet kitchens featuring filtered water, energy efficient appliances and cooking utensils to prepare meals (with ready-to-cook and grab-and-go goods available at RESTORE, a 24-hour food pantry in the lobby).
- MOTION, a 24-hour fitness center, featuring Life Fitness cardio machines, strength training equipment and Element's signature "pedal-powered" stationary bike charging station, which powers-up personal electronic devices while guests exercise. Element's indoor all-natural saltwater pool and complimentary bikes-to-borrow further propel travelers to maintain their healthy lifestyle in Vaughan.
- 3,500 square feet of meeting space with modular furnishings, flexible layout and state-of-the-art technology designed for both intimate groups and larger receptions of up to 150 attendees. Element guests can also stay connected thanks to RESOURCE, a 24-hour complimentary business center equipped with computers, printer and fax machine. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel.
- Delicious food thanks to RISE, Element's healthy and complimentary daily breakfast as well as RELAX, its Monday-Thursday complimentary evening receptions. After hours, mobile Salon Bars are stocked with premium wines and beers as well as soft drinks and snacks, inviting guests to linger in Element Vaughan Southwest's spacious lobby.
About Element Hotels
Element® Hotels is made to order for guests in the know and on the go. Its bright design defies convention, bathing guest rooms and public spaces in natural light. Stylish and sustainable throughout, Element offers extended stay comfort with a conscience and lots of signature amenities from its complimentary, healthy RISE breakfast and RELAX evening reception to saline swimming pools, spacious fitness centers, bikes to borrow and electric vehicle charging stations. Starwood's latest brand innovation, Element made history in 2008 as the only major hotel brand to pursue LEED certification for high-performance buildings brand-wide. To date, there are Element hotels in 11 North American markets, with new domestic and international hotels in development. Visit www.ElementHotels.com or connect on Facebook.
Element hotels can be found throughout North America at the following locations:
Element Las Vegas Summerlin
Element Houston Vintage Park
Element Arundel Mills
Element Denver Park Meadows
Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North
Element Ewing Princeton
Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
Element New York Times Square West
Element Miami International Airport
Element Vaughan Southwest
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1,146 properties in nearly 100 countries and 171,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, and Element®. The Company boasts one of the industry's leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
About Atlific Hotels
Atlific Hotels is one of the leading hotel management companies in Canada operating over 50 hotels with offices in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. Ranked by Hotelier Magazine as one of the country's top 5 performing hotel management companies in 2012, Atlific Hotels has over 50 years of experience managing well known Canadian hotels, resorts, and extended stay properties and has built a reputation for best in business accounting reporting, exceptional sales and marketing programs and sound operational systems. Atlific Hotels' parent company, Ocean Properties, Ltd. operates over 60 hotels throughout the United States. Together they manage over 100 properties in North America with a total of 16,500 rooms, which include independent hotels and resorts as well as internationally recognized hotel brands. For more information please visit www.atlific.com.
Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Middleton & Gendron Inc.